39.

When Alexia came home the following day, she was carrying her ballon d'or under her arm as she came home.

One thing she noticed immediately was that it was unusually quiet. No barking Nala, no excited wife standing in the hall. Alexia raised her eyebrows at this, calling Thalia's name through the slowly emptying house as everything was moving slowly to their new beach house.

Thalia's name echoed but there was no response. Alexia put the trophy and her keys down on the small stand that was placed in the hallway, left her suitcase in the hallway and then entered the living room, which was empty except for welcome home banners hanging everywhere. Alexia's eyebrow stayed raised as she looked really confused. Someone had to be home when the banner was up. Alexia called the blonde's name again and then walked into the kitchen, no one there either.

Alexia's anxiety grew. Her wife had to be home. She checked her phone again to see if she hadn't missed any texts to see that she hadn't and then she walked upstairs. When she opened the bedroom door, all of her questions got answered as she saw a little ball of fluff barely sticking out and then when she approached, she saw a body laying underneath the blanket, a phone lit up on the nightstand with incoming messages and notifications.

Alexia approached the bed and climbed in behind her blonde wife, big spooning the blonde who slowly stirred awake, the blonde immediately turning around to see who in the living fuck went to cuddle her, relaxing the second when she saw those hazel eyes smiling at her. "Hola."

The blonde gasped and went to sit up but her wife's arms held her back. "Tranquilo mi amor."

"But I was supposed to properly welcome you home. Instead I just fell asleep."

Alexia smiled at her wife and gently put a loose strand of blonde hair behind the therapist her ear. "All I need is for you to be okay. I need to be at the facility tomorrow, which means that we have today to ourselves until I need to be gone for all kinds of interviews and meetings again so how about we just lay here in each other's arms and just enjoy it...?"

Thalia groaned but nodded her head. "Alright then... How was you flight?"

"It was good. I missed you."

Thalia smiled and connected their foreheads together. "I missed you too. you looked absolutely beautiful on that stage. The dress, the make-up, the trophy. Absolutely beautiful. You earned it so much querida."

Alexia smiled and held the blonde close to her. "I'm just happy to be back home and in your arms. How have you been?"

The blonde shrugged and yawned, answering the question afterwards. "Nothing much. I just spent yesterday at your family's house, then got home and today I worked on the new house. It's looking absolutely beautiful so far."

Alexia gasped. "You worked on the new house? Mi amor, you know you're not supposed to work on it."

The blonde pecked Alexia's lips. "I know but I've been feeling guilty for not helping with it. It's our family's house and you're doing all of the work. It's not fair."

Alexia pecked the blonde's lips back. "You have aboslutely no need to worry about that mi amor but if you want to, you're always free to come with me. I just don't want you to push yourself." A smile was on Alexia's lips as one of her hands gently rested on the blonde's stomach where the tiniest of a bump was visible, the therapist gently laying one of her own hands on top of Alexia's, her other hand gently caressing Alexia's cheek, studying every little freckle and inch of skin that she could see, a silence falling over them.

"Do I have something on my face?" The blonde simply shook her head at the question and kept narrowly inspecting Alexia's face, said athlete getting slightly unsettled. "Then... uh... what is it?"