23.

A/N: This chapter will follow Alexia and Thalia.

When the front door closed, Alexia sank down on the couch. Thalia had looked so heartbroken at her. The athlete hated the fact that she was the reason why Thalia had been looking like that and now fled from their house.

Who or what did she want?

Where was Thalia going to go?

Reality sank in not much later for the athlete and she fully realised what had happened. Panic set in her heart.

Such a stupid question.

Who did she want?

Thalia. Of course it was Thalia.

Jennifer was in the past. Yes, her relationship with the black haired woman had been good. Great even. But Jenni was the one who had cheated on her and dumped her like a dirty piece of clothing. Nevermind the fact that she had packed her bags and moved to Mexico immediately after the break up. Alexia had never properly healed from that.

Thalia was the one who gave everything her all. Thalia was the one that knew the athlete inside and out. Thalia was the one that she had been trying to get a baby with. Thalia was the one she would live and breathe for.

It was Thalia.

Alexia fumbled for her phone and started to try to call Thalia, sending her messages too.

The blonde didn't react to any of the messages or calls.

Alexia broke down. The tears seemed endless as they rolled down her face. She sat up straight when the doorbell rang, almost running to the front door.

When she opened it, the sparkle that she had immediately left as a blonde woman was standing in front of the door but it wasn't the blonde that she had hoped for.

Mapi smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry that I'm not the one you wanted to see. Can I come in?"

Alexia sighed and opened the door further. Alexia returned to the couch while Mapi entered the house. Mapi whistled in astonishment since this was the first time that she entered Alexia and Thalia's house.

"So this is how it is to live as one of the best paid female football stars and one of the best physios in the world."

Alexia just grunted, she still tried to text her wife but the messages wouldn't even reach her anymore, her calls also going straight to voicemail. She sat up and looked at Mapi. "I think that she blocked me."

Mapi sat down in a chair that was close to the couch and looked at her best friend. "Give me your phone."

Alexia raised one of her eyebrows. "I- uh- why?"

"So I can see if she blocked you."

Alexia hung her head and handed her phone to Mapi. She threw one look at the profile picture which was still a picture of Alexia and Thalia standing side by side on the beach with Nala.

"She didn't block you. I think that she just doesn't have any service at the moment."

"Doesn't have any service? But why- oh."

"Ing and I expect that she's flying to America to get support with Margot and Tom. What even happened?"

Alexia rubbed her face. She felt so stupid. "I told her the truth. That I started to kiss Jenni back but that I stopped the second after that. I cheated on my wife with my ex. The same ex who has cheated on me."

Mapi's eyes were stern as she looked at Alexia. "I don't appreciate you lying to me over the call earlier but I do understand the stress. You need to figure out what you want."