22.

A/N: I want to emphasize that this is just a story. It is based on real life people but in this, they are just characters nothing that I write in this book represents the players or the people that the characters are based on. They stay just characters. Everything that happens in this book is to create drama and it isn't to put the real person in a dark shadow.

I just wanted to make sure that you all realize this. Thank you.

Prepare yourselves.

Thalia had sent Alexia away because she was supposed to go and meet up with her family. After a light discussion, the athlete left their house, kissing Thalia goodbye and took Nala with her. She was supposed to be gone for 3 days now that she had the time to actually spend her days with her family which was scarse most of the time.

Thalia regretted not coming along the moment that the front door shut.

Silence resonated through the house.

Thalia cuddled further into the blanket and just decided to watch some old Barca games to before Alexia's injury just to see her play. Her way of playing was truly beautiful.

The only times that the therapist would get up was to take her medicines. She wasn't really all that hungry and before she knew it, she slept through most of the day and the night.

She felt so lonely.

The next day wasn't much different. Thalia was covered beneath some blankets, she took her medicine and ate a few pieces of fruit and kept watching games with Alexia in it. She had tried to call Alexia but the athlete hadn't picked up which was a weird occurence because Alexia always picked up the phone. Especially when it was Thalia who called.

The therapist decided to scroll through instagram to see that Alexia had posted a picture with her sister and her mom.

And a seperate picture with Jennifer Hermoso? Holding Nala?

What the fuck?

Thalia scrolled through the comments and they didn't help either. Most of them being about Alexia and hoping a quick recovery, the other comments were about how Alexia looked happy with Hermoso and how the fans wished that Alexia and Jennifer would be together.

Especially after some kind of picture some of them had seen. The blonde ignored those comments.

Thalia knew all about how the two of them had been in a long relationship before but they had broken up when Jennifer cheated on Alexia.

It took a long while before the athlete was able to put her trust into the blonde but she had done it.

If she wasn't feeling so bad, she wouldn't have thought that much about it but together with the ignored call, the feeling of loneliness and just shittyness in general, Thalia couldn't help but start thinking negatively.

She commented a heart underneath the post anyway.

What she didn't expect was a call from Mapi since Barca had practice right now. The therapist picked it up and was soon looking at a worried Mapi.

"Hola Mapi."

"Hola Thalia. Please tell me that you haven't seen the news yet. I told her to call you herself but she insisted that I should call."

Thalia furrowed her eyebrows. "Slow down Mapi. Why aren't you at practice? And what and who are you talking about?"

Mapi took a deep breath. "Okay, I got a cervical sprain yesterday. Nothing too bad. Just need to rest. Are you aware that Jennifer showed up at Alexia's family visit?"

Thalia's heart started to drop slightly. "Uh, yeah. I just saw Ale's instagram post. What about it?"

Mapi took another deep breath, knowing that the news was going to break Thalia. "Okay, right after Alexia posted that picture, they were sightseeing and they were spotted kissing, the picture went viral and the moment that I saw it, I called her to ask for an explanation because I got your back. She told me that Jennifer initiated the kiss and that Alexia didn't kiss her back, in fact, right after she pushed her away but she was in scrambles."