48.

In the few months after that, Thalia and Pola went through therapy together, trying to get through the traumatic experience that they had experienced together while the twins were growing rapidly inside of Thalia's stomach. Alexia had been very patient with her wife while the blonde was definitely acing different after the abduction. She wanted less physical contact and she had to get through her injuries and mental difficulties while Alexia was feeling overprotective over her and didn't want to put the blonde in any position that would make her uncomfortable.

In the meantime, Margot was slowly adapting to her new lifestyle in a wheelchair while living with Alexia and Thalia who made changes to their house to make it wheelchair friendly. As she had suspected, Alexia and Thalia were the perfect support for her now that she had lost the ability to walk and her husband. It hurt. It would always hurt. But she was in good hands and the married couple gave her all of the support that she needed. The first weeks were the worst. She was in constant pain and she had to have interviews about the accident and her losing her career as an actress.

Everyone had gone through different things but it all brought them closer together like never before. Mapi and Ona had also been living with Alexia and Thalia but had decided to move in together in a new house, the two best friends also being closer after Ona and Lucy hadn't become anything more than friends. They had a benefits thing going on for a while but Lucy had realized that she wasn't ready to give herself to someone after Keira and Ona respected that decision so they decided to just be friends.

While everyone was slowly growing from the entire experience, Alexia had finally been able to fully focus on her own recovery. She did her daily programs and it didn't take long until she was seen on the bench for the Barcelona team. If she continued like this, the captain would be able to play a full game at the Champions League final. It was all that she wanted.

When she was announced to be on the bench again, her socials absolutely blew up. Everyone was so excited to see la Reina back in action. The only thing that could ruin it for her were her fears. It was the night of the game and Thalia and Alexia were sitting on the couch while Margot had already gone to bed, the captain seeking comfort in the blonde as they were laying on the couch, watching some Friends. Thalia's baby bump had grown quite large as the twins were now growing healthily and fast.

Alexia was patting Nala who laid with them. She was watching the show but very absentmindedly. Thalia seemed to notice and looked at her. "What's wrong querida?"

Alexia shook herself out of her thoughts and looked at her wife. "It's just... what if I don't return to the field as Alexia Putellas?"

Thalia paused the show and sat up with a little bit more trouble due to the growing baby bump and looked at her wife's hazel eyes. "Okay, honey, I will be honest. The Alexia Putellas that went down on that field all those months ago will not suddenly be brought to life tomorrow. You also shouldn't want that. What you need to do is focus on your knee and what it can do. At the training sessions, it's obvious that you still have that magical touch but you know just as well as I do, maybe even better, that a match is entirely different than training."

Alexia nodded her head and looked down. "But I want to be like that again so much."

Thalia nodded her head and stood up. "Come on."

Alexia looked up confused. "Where to?"

Thalia smiled gently and outstretched her hands. "Just trust me, okay?"

Alexia nodded her head and let Thalia pull her upright, Nala following them into the gym. Thalia set the table up and gently pushed Alexia on top of it. "Okay, now, remove your pants and shirt please."

Alexia did as told, being quite confused by her wife and looked at her wife who was searching for her oil. When she found it, she turned around to see her wife staring at her. Thalia smiled gently and approached the athlete who was sitting comfortably. Thalia licked her dry lips as she looked at Alexia's black laced underwear, shaking her head fast to get the thoughts out of her head. Alexia noticed and grinned. "Like what you see?"