The Secret is Out

The girls decided to have a party that night as well. It would all take place upstairs since upstairs was huge. Everyone was having fun, even Mara. She was glad that she could see her friend Nina again, so she decided to focus on that. They were talking, and painting nails, and dancing around. They also had snacks and drinks upstairs with them.

"I think this house has a balcony roof," Joy smiled. "And there are chairs up there. Why don't we go chillax?"

All the girls took their drinks and snacks with them and laid out on the stretched out chairs up there. First it was Willow, then Nina, then Joy, then Patricia, then Mara, and finally KT. They were looking up at the bright stars and their constellations.

"So beautiful," KT awed.

"Yeah, a little too beautiful," Patricia responded distastefully.

"Don't be such a grunch."

"I'm just saying that I'm not a glittery type-"

"-hey, look." Willow pointed.

It looked like some stars that were in their own part of the sky, and they were moving around quickly.

"Whoa," Nina raised her eyebrows. "She took out her phone and video taped it.

-----------------------------

The boys immediately went out to the canoes that night. They were two person canoes, so Alfie rowed with Jerome, and Fabian with Eddie. They went all the way out to the middle of the lake and just relaxed there a bit. Alfie and Jerome took off their backpacks and revealed all the candy and sweets that was stuffed in them.

"That looks kind of-" Fabian began.

"-let loose, dude," Alfie interrupted.

They all started eating. At first, Fabian wasn't so excited about eating it, but he wanted to prove that he was fun and not chicken. He began eating as much as the others. They had so much candy, it took them like an hour to finish it all. All four of them were hig off candy-I mean, seriously high.

Jerome looked up at the night sky. "Hey, are those stars moving?" He was talking with a little giggle in his voice from being high. In fact, they all were.

"Yeah," Eddie smiled. They all laughed for no reason.

"You guys wanna go see if the police have any more candy?" Fabian asked.

"Of course," Alfie responded.

They all rowed back to shore and drukenly walked off, away from the summer house. Luckily, when the boys were about to reach the police station, Trudy was ambling on a stroll and spotted them. She stopped them before they went in.

"Hey, it's Trudes," Alfie grinned.

Trudy could smell the candy on their breaths. She got some of the police to help take them back to where they were. She lied and said they had laughing gas because she knew they wouldn't believe that they were high on candy. Trudy knew where the summer house was, so she led the two police, who were holding the boys in handcuffs, to the house. She rang the doorbell. The girls on the roof could hear it and hurried downstairs to answer it. Patricia opened the door. They all saw Trudy, the police, and the guys. Nina's eyes fell on Fabian. The police un-cuffed the boys and let them in the house. The girls smiled, apologized, closed the door, and helped the boys to their rooms. Patricia and KT helped Eddie, Willow helped Alfie, Joy helped Jerome, and Mara and Nina helped Fabian.

"So Fabian is here," Nina sighed as she helped Mara lay Fabian on his bed.

"Yeah," Mara said softly.

"Is he drunk?"

Mara smelled his breath. "More like high on candy. This was definitely Alfie and Jerome."

"Yeah. So, has Fabian talked about me while I was away?"

"Umm...well he's been-I mean, he was at the beginning of the semester, but he got better as the weeks past."

"Are you ok, Mara?" Nina asked, noticing Mara talking low and having a sad look on her face.

"Yeah, yep. Totally." Mara put on a fake smile.

"Good. Lets come back tomorrow to see how the boys are doing."

They left. Fabian could hear what they said, but his brain couldn't really comprehend things.

***************************

The next morning, Nina and KT were in the kitchen when Alfie came in, rubbing his head. His eyes widened when he saw Nina.

He began, "Nina, you have to-"

The kitchen door opened. It was the exact person that Alfie didn't want there right now. Fabian's eyes fell on Nina.

"Nina, you're-you're here?" Fabian questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah," Nina smiled. "Aren't you glad to see me?" She then noticed that everyone else had the look on their faces, like they were hiding something. "What's going on?"

Jerome and Eddie came in. They noticed what was going on, and Jerome immediately started cracking up. "Well this is awkward. Did anyone tell you yet, Nina?"

"Tell me what?" Nina said sternly. "Are you dating Joy?"

"Oh, even better, sister," Jerome was still laughing. "It's Mara Jeffray."

"Mara?!" Nina glared at Fabian. "I thought you would wait for a time when I knew it was safe for me to come so that when I did, we would get back together. And you didn't bother telling me when you knew I was coming?"

"He actually didn't know," Alfie chimed-in, guiltily.

"Patricia!" Nina yelled.

Patricia hurried downstairs and into the kitchen. "What is it?"

Nina eyed the pitcher. "Fabian needs some orange juice."

Patricia caught on, grabbed the pitcher, and she poured the juice on Fabian's head. Nina left, eyeing Fabian angrily. Patricia went out with Nina, but she stopped when she saw Nina stop with her eyes wide open. Nina could see a woman with dark brown hair that was curled at the end, brown eyes, and ancient Egyptian clothing.

"My descendant, you are the last of the Chosen Ones."

"What?" Nina asked allowed.

Patricia asked who she was talking to, but Nina blocked her out.

"I am Amneris, the ascendant of every Chosen One. I do not sense the Osirion near. And there is no chaos."

"But, the Osirion is right in the kitchen; it's Eddie. And there isn't any chaos because everything is suppose to be over."

"Nothing is over, and the Osirion isn't here. You should be cremated for lying to an Egyptian deity!"

"No, I didn't know! I'll go talk to Eddie and ask him what's going on."

Amneris vanished, and Nina looked at Patricia. Then, both of their eyes turned to the opening kitchen door with Eddie coming out. Nina pulled him and Patricia into the nearest hall closet downstairs. She closed the door behind all three of them.

"I talked to Amneris, my ascendant who makes me the Chosen One," Nina whispered to them. "She said the Osirion isn't here. Eddie, you're suppose to be the Osirion."

"Yeah, about that," Eddie replied. "The Osirion had to die to save the world. The Osirion no longer exists. I forgot to message you about that."

"This is a Sibuna thing, right?" Patricia asked.

"Let's all meet outside, tonight," Nina said.

"Cool, but we added a few more members since you left."