Storm

The next day, the sun rarely shone from the sky since it was storming all day. In the afternoon, the power went out, so they had to use flashlights around the house.

Nina was ignoring Fabian all day, and Fabian stopped making an effort to speak with her. It was really no use.

Joy was sitting on the steps to the stairs, and Mick came from his room. He sat down beside her, turning off his flashlight as well as hers to leave them in eerie light.

"I'm not too fond of thunder," Joy suddenly said. "But the rain is nice."

"Did you have a bad experience with thunder?"

"No. I'm just more of a mellow person. I'm into soft things, and relaxing environments. Not thunder."

"That's reasonable, I guess."

"What's your stance with thunder?" Joy asked.

"Um...well..."

"It's fine if you don't really have one."

"No, no, I do-I mean-well it's...not so bad."

Joy laughed.

"I wasn't kidding."

"I never said you were. You're just...interesting."

"Interesting? Like, good interesting?"

Joy stared at him in the dim lighting. "Like, very good interesting."

Mick grinned and finally said, "That's good to hear."

They sat in silence for a while, just listening to the patter of rain and rumble of thunder outside. It was very dark out, and through the windows, Mick and Joy could see the wind blowing hard. Joy stood up and went over to the window to get a better view of outside. Mick stood up and stood a few feet behind her. Suddenly, something happened.

The window Joy stood in front of shattered from the pressure, letting in wind and rain. Joy screamed and instantly spun around, running. She ran straight into Mick's arms. Mick's hands were gently holding Joy's arms, and they gazed into eachother's eyes as they realized they shared the same space.

The others came out their rooms. When Mara came out of hers and viewed from upstairs, she made a sharp breath when seeing Joy and Mick. She looked around embarrassingly and went back to her room. Amber followed.

Joy and Mick were still in the same position until Fabian made a coughing noise like he was clearing his throat. Joy and Mick separated, laughing awkwardly.

"Um-uh the window-shattered," Mick explained, still looking into Joy's gaze.

"We should just patch it up and call a repairman when the storm passes," Eddie suggested.

"Ye-yeah," Mick gave a delayed answer. "Sounds good."

~~~~~
Amber went into Mara's room, sitting beside Mara after closing the door. Mara wasn't crying; she was just staring downward while sitting on her bed.

"Not over Mick?" Amber asked.

"I thought I was," Mara replied. "I'm not crying right now. I don't even know what made me leave at the sight of them. It's just-it felt like something overwhelmed me-it felt like my throat became a closed space, and I couldn't breathe."

"I guess-" Amber collected her advice together, "I guess you're still recovering from all the memories. Maybe you're not quite there, but don't hate yourself for this. It's alright."

"Thanks, Amber."

Amber sighed. "Amber Millington always gives good advice, Mara. She's just amazing," she said in third person.

Mara laughed.

~~~~~
The next day, the storm had passed and the repairman would be coming. Mick had woken up, and he headed upstairs to Joy's room to see her. He knocked on the door.

Joy opened the door and looked into Mick's eyes, yet she seemed a bit down. She dropped her gaze and walked right past Mick, down the stairs.

Mick turned towards the direction she'd gone. "Joy?"

~~~~~
What could possibly be upsetting Joy? Tell me your thoughts. Is it because of Mick?

And are you more for Moy(thanks for clarifying that @fabinafan) or Mickara?