Truth Be Told

Back at the summer house, Mick was sitting alone in his room when there was a knock on his door and someone walked in. It was Willow. Mick relaxed a bit at the sight that it was her.

"You holding up ok?" she asked, sitting on the bed after closing the door.

"As much as I can, I guess," Mick replied.

Willow smiled. "Good to hear. If you ever need someone, Willow's here to help. I don't like seeing sad people. Or angry people. Or miserable people. The world should be happy!" She threw her hands up, her colorful woven bracelets sliding around her arms.

Mick laughed a bit. Something about Willow made him feel light and fluffy and just better.

"Have you always been such great company?" Mick asked.

"Well..."

Mick thrusted himself forward, aiming to kiss Willow in his own little moment, but Willow stood up and out of the way. She looked at Mick a bit embarrassed, and Mick's expression was even more embarrassed.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"No," Willow fake-smiled. "It's mutual. It's fine." She looked down and quickly left the room.

Mick threw his head down into the mattress, groaning.

~~~~~

Eddie took his hands off the desk, and the door to the office swung open. He froze in place until shock had gone threw him, and he actually realized who it was.

"Trudy," he breathed.

"What're you doing in here, Eddie?" Trudy asked, coming in.

"Uh, um..."

"I was just coming into the house, giving an inspection. I'd came here earlier and already had this office unlocked because I knew I'd be coming back. But I didn't think some former-student would take advantage of that by breaking in and coming into the office. Explain, please."

"I-I-" Eddie didn't know what to say for this situation.

"-Just tell me the truth. You're a man now; you should be able to tell me why without an excuse."

"I-I can't."

Trudy eyed Eddie for a bit whose eyes were directed towards the floor.

"If you don't tell me, I'll have to report this to your father."

Eddie looked up. "Please, no." He walked around the desk over to Trudy. "Please don't tell him."

"If you can't tell me the truth, maybe you'll tell him."

"No! I-I'll show you. It's just under that desk."

Eddie shut his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened his eyes as he began moving the desk away from the hatch. He opened it, revealing Mara and Nina with the crown, in the vault of gold. The two girls climbed out with the help of Eddie and Trudy. He closed the hatch and moved the dresser back. The artifact was clearly in Nina's hands.

"Ever since Nina came to this school, even before me, there's been a group that solves these mysteries, and they're always tied to the house," Eddie admitted.

"Eddie," Nina whispered.

Eddie ignored her. "Nina, Mara, and I are sort of important in a way you wouldn't believe. But you can't tell anyone."

Trudy looked at all their nervous faces. "I don't know if I can take all this in the way you expect me to-"

"-oh trust me, we're surprised you haven't passed out yet," Mara told her.

"But I'll take you word, and I'll keep it secret. Just go back to the summer house, ok?"

They thanked Trudy and headed out, sighing relieves for being let off so easy.

~~~~~

Discussion time! Ok, first questions, and then I'm gonna kind of share my views on this chapter. Do you think Mick is really in love with Willow? Is that love authentic? And also, isn't Trudy, like, awesome for letting them off?

My views: Personally, I feel Willow has caught Mick at a vulnerable time in his life, and that's why he's confused. He thinks love is what he's feeling, but really, Willow has just assisted him in a time when his heart was weak, it feels like something real to him.

And I really love Trudy for being so awesome.