Escaping the Room

"Eddie?" Nina whispered from outside the door to Jerome's room. The kitchen door was opening. "He's coming!"

Jerome went back to his room where Patricia and Nina were right by the door. Eddie had gone into the closet, closing the door behind him.

"Mick didn't need me, and what're you two doing outside my doorway?" Jerome asked.

"Just, guarding," Patricia lied. "Making sure nothing happened to it, you know? Since you weren't in it of course."

"Then, thank you," Jerome thanked awkwardly. He was about to close his door as he went in until Nina stopped the door.

"Wait! I-I saw a spider in my room, and I need someone to kill it. I need you to kill it."

"No!" Jerome slammed the door.

Patricia pulled Nina away and whispered, "If Eddie's caught in there by Set, he's dead," Patricia stated.

"Have some faith. He's the Osirion, remember?" Nina replied.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, Eddie was in the closet, and even though it was pitch dark, in the back of the closet, just like where he found the flute, hieroglyphics lit up like 3-d projection, rearranging itself into English.

Eddie read aloud in a whisper to himself, "The gods are always with you."

He heard the door slam, and he knew Set must've been riled up or something. All he had to figure out was a way to get out of there.

He figured there'd have to be a distraction made. He texted Patricia to get him out of there, and she texted back that they already tried.

Eddie: Then try again!

Patricia: Let us think of something.

Patricia and Nina began brainstorming until they saw Alfie leave his room.

"Alfie," Nina called, motioning him over. He came. "Get Jerome out his room."

"You mean, evil Jerome? Like, Set possessing Jerome, Jerome? No, no, no, no, no, no way."

"He won't hurt you, we swear," Nina promised.

"And keep in mind, if you don't do this, I'll hurt you."

Alfie went to Jerome's door as Nina and Patricia hid behind the corner, out of sight. Jerome answered his door.

"Hey, Jerome, quick question, if I wanted to fine tune this prank, should I put more effort into my costume or the scenery because I am stumped on that one-here, let me show you."

Alfie pulled Jerome, and pushed him into his room, closing the door. Nina hurried in and opened the closet door so that Eddie would know to come out. He closed the door behind himself, and the three of them scurried into Fabian's room to close the door since that was the closest place they could hide. There were voices in the hallway, Jerome and Alfie's, until Jerome went back into his room behind his closed door.

"Should I be updated on any information?" Fabian asked, looking up from his guitar.

"Not now," Patricia declared. The three of them left the room.

They thanked Alfie, one by one, as they hurried upstairs t get the shirt to Willow. They knocked on her door and came in. She was grabbing more Cyprus oil out of her bag when they entered.

"One shirt, here you go," Patricia said as Eddie handed it to her.

Willow accepted it, nodded them a farewell, and the door was closed when they left. Out in the hallway, when he couldn't wait anymore, he explained what he saw in the closet.

"'The gods are always with you'," Nina repeated. "Which gods?"

"Who knows?" Eddie discussed.

"Who cares? Gods on our side is enough to give me hope even if it came from the restroom," Patricia admitted.

"How do we know it's for us though?" Nina asked.

"The closet was calling my name," Eddie explained. "I felt like that outta meant something."

~~~~~

KT walked in on Mara getting all dressed up in her room around six in the evening. She already had a black dress on with floral designs, and lipgloss, and she was putting in some earrings.

"Going on a date?" KT joked.

"Yes, actually," Mara replied, looking at KT through the mirror. She turned around. "How do I look?"

"You look great, but who are you going on a date with?"

"Mick."

"Why? Are you and Fabian like, you know, done or, you know, like-"

"-I figured someone needed to get Mick out the house when Willow was doing her thing. So, when he asked me out on a date, I took the opportunity."

KT nodded. "That's pretty clever."

There was a knock on the open door, and Mara looked past KT. Mick was in a dress shirt, tie, and slacks, and in his hand was a bouquet of flowers. He briefly said hi to KT as he came in.

"I ran down to the market and got you some flowers. I wasn't sure if I should've, or not, but-here." He handed the flowers to Mara.

KT smiled. "Well, I'll leave you two to your thing, now." KT tiptoed out.

Mara looked at the flowers in her hands. "These are beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," Mick grinned, gazing at Mara.

Mara looked down shyly.

Mick laughed a bit. "I know, most cliché line ever, but it's also the most true." Mara laughed a bit, too.

She looked back up. "Shall we?" She put down the flowers, and grabbed her purse and shoes.

She headed out with Mick who was taking her somewhere special for the night.

~~~~~

It had been nearly 48 hours that Joy was stuck in the room. She no longer tried calling for help, but she usually just laid down on the cold stone ground, feeling the coolness against her cheek as she curled herself up. It was no use attempting anything in that cell. In a matter of time, she'd be dead there.