Problems All Around

Willow was walking Mara out the kitchen when Fabian came out his room.

"What happened?" he asked, approaching them.

Mara didn't make any eye contact.

"It'd be best if you stay away for a while," Willow spoke for her. She helped Mara upstairs.

"Wha-"

KT was coming around to go down the stairs, but stopped when she saw Mara.

"She and Mick-they talked?" she asked.

Willow nodded as she continued on to Mara's room. KT glimpsed at Fabian and then followed Willow and Mara as well.

When they were out of his sight, Fabian asked himself, "Am I the only one who has no idea what's going on?"

~~~~~

A few days later, on July 1, all of Sibuna was aware that the special date was only twenty days away. It may have seemed like a good distance away, but in this situation, it seemed closer than ever.

Jerome went out of his room and was heading out, but Nina caught him as she was coming down the stairs.

"Jerome?" she spoke.

Jerome turned around, rolling his eyes, but smiling as Nina could see his face. "What?"

"Where're you going?"

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Nina, I have somewhere to be. You'll regret holding me back if you keep on with these stupid questions."

"Stupid questions? Really?"

"Oh Nina, so desperate to be the one who saves us all." Jerome approached the stairs. "I know who you are, Chosen One. And if my knowledge is correct, you're also a piece of the Osirion. Do you know your destiny? Are you ready for it?"

Nina stood there, frozen on her step. "What's my destiny?"

Jerome went up a few of the steps until he was on the one right below Nina's. he leaned over to her ear and whispered, "You die."

He smiled wickedly as he left Nina standing there. He left the house to attend to his plans. Nina sunk down to a sitting position and cupped her elbows into her hands. Was Set telling the truth? Was it in her destiny to die? Of course everyone dies though, and maybe he was just trying to spook her. But could it happen soon? Would it be July 21st?

Alfie came out and saw Nina on the stairs, her expression distressed. He went up the stairs and sat by her.

"What's wrong?" he asked. He couldn't stand seeing anyone sad.

Nina shook her head. "It's probably nothing."

"Spill."

"If Set were to tell you something about your destiny, would you trust him?"

"No, of course not."

"What if it sounded true? What if he was scaring you with the truth?"

"Whatever he told you isn't worth worrying about. Plus, you've got the whole Sibuna gang with you. Nothing will happen to you."

Nina nodded.

~~~~~

Sibuna had another meeting in Nina's room. Nina was still bothered by what Set told her, even though Alfie comforted her. Mara was just beginning to lighten up in spirit since her talk with Mick, and KT and Willow had been helping her. Eddie was distraught about the visions he kept having, and Patricia was worried about him.

"Ok, before we start, I'd just like to say that Mara, you look broken-hearted, Nina, you look freaked out, and Eddie, you look really, really tired. What's going on here?"

"Too much stuff, it seems," Fabian responded.

"Have I been missing some things going on in the summer house?" Amber asked. "Because if so, I totally need to catch up."

The room was silent, waiting for an answer.

"Guys, this is a team, and we can't function as a team if we keep things from eachother," Joy explained.

"I've been seeing things," Eddie finally said. "My visions have just been getting worse to the point where I just can't interpret them anymore. Sometimes I see hallucinations now, probably from the lack of sleep I've been getting."

"Oh god," Joy gasped. "What about you Nina, and Mara?"

"Set just told me my destiny was for me to die, so I'm just worried about that," Nina admitted.

"Just relationship problems for me," Mara uttered. "No biggie."

Fabian looked over at Mara sympathetically. His attention was snapped back towards Joy when she began speaking again.

"Ok, no boy issues(or girl issues) are to affect Sibuna, alright?" she stated. "Set was just trying to freak you out Nina, and Eddie, try interpreting what those visions are telling you, even if it means writing them down everytime one happens, ok? Alright. I just want Sibuna to be able to function correctly with everyone ok upon entering the meetings."

"Maybe Joy should be a part of Sibuna," Alfie advocated.

Joy smiled at that. "Thank you, Alfie."

~~~~~

Set had gone to Anubis house to make sure Joy was done for. Of course she was, but knowing of things that could happen, there was a slim chance something made her survive such as escape. He went into the cellar, down the halls, and when he reached the chamber, he saw stone broke apart, and no Joy to be found. She'd escaped. And Set had a feeling he knew who rescued her.

~~~~~

Oh man, is Set really on to Sibuna? Does he have the right idea of who took her?

And do you think Joy should be an official member of Sibuna? Should they finally accept her as a true member?

And also, just what are your thoughts on the chapter?