Archery

"I'm just saying, squishing his face wouldn't be all bad. I kinda want to do it," KT admitted as she and Patricia were ambling down a long corridor.

"What? How many people actually want to squish his face?" Patricia asked.

"I checked online, and there's actually a lot of forums saying that people would love to."

"And what if he happened to check those forums? He'd be creeped out that a bunch of people whom he doesn't know wants to squish all over his face."

They were chatting about some random famous person and how people wanted to squish his face. Yes, awkward.

They stopped when they reached a large square room, where there were a now and some arrows sat on a rack, and two targets at the end of the room.

"What is this, archery?" Patricia asked.

"Looks like it," KT admitted.

"So, are we going against eachother?"

"There's only one bow, but...two targets?"

A goddess appeared before them, glowing like gold. She had a long flowing white dress with golden seams, and in her right hand was a bow while a quiver full of arrows rested on her back. Her skin was dark, and her hair jet black, running down, almost to her feet.

"I am the goddess Satet," she bellowed, "ready to take aim."

KT an Patricia eyed eachother nervously.

"We go against you?" KT gulped.

"Precisely. One of you, prepare to take aim."

"One second," KT smiled and began whispering to Patricia. "Can you do archery?"

Patricia whispered back, "These hands have never touched a bow and arrow."

"Well, I did once when I was younger, but it takes a lot of hand-eye coordination; I don't know if I can beat her, especially against a goddess."

"Well, you're our only hope, so-go!"

Patricia pushed KT towards the bow and arrows. KT picked up the bow and held it in her left hand. She grabbed an arrow with her right, and place sit in the right position to pull back.

"Call it," Satet bellowed at Patricia.

"Begin?" Patricia announced in a questioning tone. She could've sworn she saw the goddess roll her golden brown eyes.

The goddess fired like lightning, her golden arrows flying from her bow sooner than they could reach the target. And all of her arrows were right in the red.

On the other hand, KT was struggling to fire her ten arrows. And when she was done, only six of her arrows actually ended up on the board. KT dropped the bow.

"What happens now?" Patricia asked nervously.

Satet grinned as the ground opened up beneath Patricia, and she fell deep down into darkness. The ground closed back up sooner than KT could react. She turned back towards Satet who was now gone, but a passage opened up at the end of the room. KT took it, trying to stay as strong as she could.