Set the World on Fire part 1

Eddie woke up with a start.

It was the day of the battle.

He went outside his room, spotting Patricia looking outside the front window. She heard Eddie and looked at him.

"Come look at this," she beckoned over.

Eddie looked out the window as well, and then back at Patricia.

"The sky is red," Eddie commented.

"Yeah. And it's not from the sunrise."

"Tell me we can do this," Eddie pleaded. "Let me know it'll be ok."

Patricia swallowed.

"Please, because hearing it from you will make it that much better."

"Of course it will. I know it will."

Eddie and Patricia shared a kiss, just as something to keep the nerves down in such an intense time.

~~~~~

Everyone in the summer house was getting ready. Fabian snatched up the golden flute and sheet of paper with the music he'd have to play. He left his room and went up the hall, running into Nina who had just come downstairs. They paused for a moment, locking eye contact.

Nina was turning to go to the kitchen, until Fabian grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Nina?" He let go once she turned back towards him. "Before anything happens, I just want to establish-I need to establish that never in my life would I be stupid enough to write such a letter to a girl who's not you, and never would I even think about doing something so crazy. You're the only one for me, Nina. I'm crazy in love with you, and you'll never know how much I really am."

"I believe you," Nina nodded, smiling. "I was pretty stupid to think you did do that. Probably Set's scheme?"

"It had to be."

They paused for a moment, and then they began leaning in for a kiss. That was until the sky thundered, startling them both away from eachother. Nina ran to the front door and opened it. There wasn't a storm. Just a deep red sky with occasional cracks of thunder.

"We should gather everyone up," Nina suggested, closing the door. "Let's get them." Nina raced off for the others upstairs.

"Ni-" Fabian was about to call out to her, reminding her of the kiss they were about to have, but he held back. He went to go get some others as well.

~~~~~

Eddie had his Osirion crowning hand, Nina wore her locket, and Fabian still had the music items.

"Eddie, Mara, and I should stick together, no matter what," Nina proposed. "Fabian is also with us I suppose, and everyone else can stay here safely, giving us moral support in spirit."

"Uh, no, no, no," Joy retaliated. "I'm coming."

"The less people involved means the less people who get hurt. I don't want to cause anything I can prevent."

"That's the thing-you can't prevent us from coming," KT responded. "We're already involved."

"As you can see, I'm not wearing heels for a reason," Amber chimed-in, showing off her pink sneakers.

"Quick question," Patricia began, "where do we go to do this exactly?"

"Well, I had a dream of us in Anubis house, so there, I guess," Eddie answered.

"I guess were doing this," Alfie said.

Nina, Eddie, Mara, Fabian, Joy, Mick, Patricia, Alfie, Willow, Amber, and KT headed out the summer house, exposed under the reddened sky, and chilled, not from the weather, but the anxiety building up within them.

~~~~~

This is just warming up to all the action. If you expected an epic fight scene in this chapter, you'll have to wait until the next chapter when everything goes down. Trust me, it'll be big!