New Caretaker

Eddie, Alfie, and Fabian went to Anubis house, locking the door behind themselves once they were inside.

"Oh, this place brings back memories," Alfie breathed. "I can actually say that now."

"So, anything yet?" Fabian asked Eddie, changing the subject.

Eddie shook his head. "Not yet."

And then suddenly it happened. It seemed to be several voices whispering softly and quickly. It was incomprehensible, but it seemed to be coming from upstairs. Eddie assumed if he traced down the voices,he'd be able to understand what they were saying.

He took off running upstairs, and Fabian and Alfie followed. Eddie paused for a moment, still listening, and he continued on to the caretaker's main office, or Victor's old office. Eddie had a barrette with him, and he attempted to open the door with it, but it wouldn't budge.

"Seriously?" Eddie asked.

Suddenly, the three guys heard the front door to the house being tampered with, and they immediately hid within the nearby doors. But they were peaking out just enough to see who was coming in.

"And this is Anubis house, your new place after summer holiday."

Eddie, Fabian, and Alfie didn't even need to see to know who that was. It was Mr. Sweet's voice, and he continued talking.

"We've been looking for a caretaker here for a while now. Last school year, Trudy, the housemother, has to look after this place and all the kids all by herself. Eh, you'll meet her when all faculty and staff returns."

The man nodded. "Thank you."

He was fairly tall and dressed in a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, as well. As dress pants and shoes. His brown hair was parted and neat, but not gelled. And his eyes were an ocean blue. He also seemed much younger than than an average caretaker, as if he were in his thirties or late twenties.

"I really look forward to meeting this Trudy you speak of as well as get to know this house."

He brushed his fingers along the stairway railing from where he was on the first floor.

"That's one thing he'll never understand," Alfie whispered.

Fabian hit him silently, basically telling him to 'shut up'.

On a separate note, the whispers that Eddie was hearing were growing louder and louder, and he knew he'd have to get into that office.

"Let me show you around," Mr. Sweet volunteered. They first went into the kitchen.

"Now's our chance; we have to get out of here," Alfie spoke in a low voice.

"No," Eddie rejected. "I have to get into that office, ok? What-whatever's in there is important."

"No, there's no time. We have to come back later," Fabian insisted.

"I'm hearing voices, and they growing louder. It's really important. You guys go."

Alfie stood up, but Fabian pulled him back down.

"If you're not going, we're not going," Fabian said.

"But-but he just-" Alfie stuttered. "...fine."

"I don't want to be the reason you guys get involved in the wrong things," Eddie told them.

"We're in Sibuna. It's what we do. Sibuna." Fabian held his right hand over his right eye. Eddie and Alfie did the same.

~~~~~
Hi there lovely readers. Here's another update for you guys and gals. I know it's short, but I only have so much time I can at least get onWattpad(if only it was still summer holiday and I'd have no life again). ;p

That gives you an idea of what my summers are like.

But anyway, discussion question time! Let me here your voice. So, what do you think will happen now the Fabian, Eddie, and Alfie are trapped in the house?