Escape

"Alfie didn't pick up," Nina sighed.

"Should we call Fabian and Eddie?" Willow asked.

"Something's wrong. Maybe calling won't make it better. Let's alert the others. You tell Amber, KT, and Mara, and I'll alert Patricia and Joy."

They split up, Nina going into her room where Patricia and Joy were, and Willow going into Mara, Amber, and KT's room. Eventually, the girls just ended up meeting entirely in Nina's room.

"If Set did something, he'll probably do the same thing he did to me. Or if he found I was gone, he'll probably do something worse," Joy said.

"But we don't know any of this stuff for sure, right?" Patricia asked.

"No," Nina responded. "But there's still a chance."

"Should we send out a search party?" Mara questioned. "You guys found Joy in Anubis house. We could look there, or maybe a museum. Anywhere."

"Let's check Anubis house first. But we need someone here to look after Joy and someone to keep Mick safe from Set."

"I can look after myself, and so no one needs to be in here with me," Joy spoke. "Just someone to look after Mick is all we really need."

"I'll stay," Amber volunteered. "It's fine."

"So, KT, Patricia, Mara, and Willow," Nina began, "you all in?"

"Yeah," KT responded and the others agreed.

They headed out of the summer house, heading to Anubis house.

~~~~~

Back in Anubis house, Fabian, Alfie, and Eddie were seated on the couch in the living room. Well, Eddie was still passed out, but soon enough, he became conscious again. He looked up seeing Mr. Sweet and Mr. Wright glaring down on them.

"What'd I miss?" Eddie looked down as he straightened up in his sitting position.

"Edison, Fabian, and Alfred Lewis, what are you doing in this house?" Mr. Sweet thundered.

"Why'd you have to say my last name-" Alfie began, but he saw Mr. Sweet's stare. "Sir."

"I was simply showing Mr. Wright around the house, but I did not, nor did he, expect any people to be in this house! Explain!"

"We didn't mean to-" Fabian began. "I mean we were just-we just missed the old times," Fabian lied.

Alfie and Eddie looked over at Fabian as both of the older adults directed their attention to him as well.

"You know what it's like to miss something that was so dear to you," Fabian continued. "-both of you. We made so many memories in here, and we just couldn't resist walking around just one more time."

Mr. Wright looked at Mr. Sweet. "Ok, maybe we should let these young men go. But before we release them...you-" he pointed to Eddie, "why'd you pass out?"

"Oh, he just gets a bit lightheaded in the face of danger-" Alfie butted-in.

"-eh, eh, eh. I want to here it from him."

"I'm just feeling a little sick," Eddie said in a low tone.

Mr. Wright was silent for a bit. "Then you'd better get back to where you came from. Now. And be aware of that this is a warning."

"Yes, sir," Fabian swallowed.

He and Alfie helped Eddie up as they hurried outside. Nina, Patricia, KT, Willow, and Mara were approaching in a sprint, at the same time.

"Guys," Nina breathed, "you're ok."

Patricia immediately hugged Eddie who held her in his arms as well. She gave him a kiss on the lips before saying, "What've you been doing?"

Willow had also ran in Alfie's embrace with a big hug coming of her own.

"We have to get back in there," Eddie suddenly said, ignoring the question. "The whispers have stopped, but I still know there's something in that office."

"What're you talking about?" KT asked.

"Eddie says there's something in there that we need," Fabian answered. "But we ran into Mr. Sweet and the new caretaker, so we can't do much right now."

"New caretaker?" Mara asked. "It's hard to see anyone hold that position except for Victor."

"It's ten o'clock. You have five minutes precisely, and then I want to hear a pin drop," Willow imitated in her best Victor voice.

"He doesn't even wait five minutes," Patricia commented.

"Not even five," Alfie said before Patricia finished her statement.

Eddie was the only one not joking along.

"Eddie, are you alright?" Nina observed.

"Until I find what's in that office, I won't be."

~~~~~

Discussion question time! What do you think is in that office? Is it something to do with the mystery? Is it something from that riddle? And for a little fun question, can you see anyone as the caretaker other than Victor?