Pancakes

In the morning, Mick went into the kitchen where he found Joy at the stove.

"What is Joy up to this morning?" Mick asked.

"I'm cooking pancakes. You can help if you'd like," Joy responded.

"Eating the food is more my thing."

Joy rolled her eyes.

"But life is full of new experiences." He leaned against the counter, right by the stove top. "What should I do?"

"Get the pancake mix, put one cup's worth in a bowl, and add 3/4 cup's worth of water, and stir. I'll place the butter on the skillet."

"Mhmm...easy enough."

Mick followed her orders and began stirring after filling the bowl with pancake mix and water. Joy then instructed for him to pour some of the batter into the skillet and he did so.

Joy looked inside. "That looks horrible."

"What did I do wrong?"

"Your suppose to shape it into a circle."

"It tastes the same either way."

Joy glared at him. She grabbed the spatula and shaped the pancake into a circle. Mick sighed.

"Hey, food needs to be presentable," Joy explained. "If you can't appreciate the effort, than you're just another pig who only cares about taste."

Mick placed his hand over his heart over-dramatically, "Hurtful."

"And you're dreadful," Joy commented, flipping the pancake.

Mick made a deep breath through his nostrils. He looked down at the pancake mix, reached in the box, and flicked some of the powder onto Joy.

"Ah!" Joy looked at Mick. "What was that for?"

Mick shrugged as a smirk appeared on his face.

Joy grabbed the box and flicked even more onto Mick.

Mick let out a faint laugh. "Wow. Really?" He paused for a moment and then nearly lunged for the box.

Joy held onto it as they wrestled for ownership of it, filling the air with giggles, taunts, and a few grunts.

Alfie was coming into the kitchen, and he paused when he saw Mick and a joy covered in flower, tugging for a box of pancake mix.

Joy and Mick froze as well, looking at Alfie.

"Is this a bad time?" Alfie asked awkwardly.

Joy and Mick straightened themselves up, and Joy put the box on the island.

"No, no, not at all," Joy responded.

Alfie looked past them. "You do know you have a burning pancake right there, right?"

Mick turned off the stove, and a joy moved the skillet. They laughed awkwardly.

"I'll come back." Alfie left them alone.

Mick and Joy met eachother's eyes, staring deeply for just a moment. And then they burst out laughing.

"Let's not cook pancakes again," Mick suggested, his voice wavering from his laughter.

"Yeah," Joy nodded, still laughing.

~~~~~

This was a short little chapter of Mick and Joy for you guys.

And tell me, do you see Mick and Joy together? Would they be compatible?

Are you totally shipping Jick/Moy/Camcer/Merbell? I don't know; what's your ship name for them?

Or are you against this? Do you just feel like they aren't compatible?