Dream

That night, Eddie had a strange dream which he would be left to interpret when he woke up.

The setting was back in the basement, when he was sinking through the cursed sand, he recalled slipping and falling down, down, but it didn't feel like sand he was falling through. And he couldn't see a thing anymore either. And the setting suddenly changed to him being dragged by a dark figure in the daylight, in the woods. But he was viewing everything taking place in a third person perspective. The figure was dragging Patricia in his other hand.

Coffins awaited in the clearing, with holes already dug. On the lid of the coffins were symbols that looked like shelves with streams flowing downward out of it. And for some inexplicable reason, Eddie already knew it was the symbol of Set.

The figure, still having no distinct features, but was shadowy and took the physique of a large, tall man, made the coffin lids open on arrival, and he chucked both Eddie's body and Patricia into each coffin. The coffins levitated and fixated themselves into the holes, and the dirt piled itself on top.

And as the shadowy figure was beginning to leave, a motion which seemed to show his head turning around happened, and Jerome's face flashed towards Eddie. A dark cloud began swarming towards him, and he fell back until he fell onto his feet in Anubis house.

The house was crumbling, and Nina was there too, holding back onto the staircase pegs. She reached out her left hand towards him, signaling she was trying to get him to hold it.

But when Eddie looked back forward, Jerome was marching out of the kitchen with a devilish look on his face. His hands were clasped behind his back as he approached slowly.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." His voice echoed all around, and Eddie reached out his hand for Nina's, and that's when he woke up to Alfie leaning right over him.

Eddie shot up with a start, but was knocked back down again where his forehead slammed into Alfie's.

"Ow!" Alfie rubbed his head.

"Wow. Utterly similar to the coffin," Eddie grimaced as he sat up and draped his feet to the ground from under the cover.

"Coffin?"

"Guess who got buried alive."

"That's what happened to you? How cool was it?"

"Oh, you mean being trapped inside a tight box under six feet of dirt? And then having to claw your way out, without suffocating? Oh, it was just splendid."

"Oh. Sorry."

"Why're you in here anyway?"

"It's 2:00pm, dude. Wake up."

2:00pm?, Eddie thought.

Alfie left, and Eddie stood up to stretch. He sniffed himself and realized he smelled like dirt. He decided to take a shower to freshen up right away, and afterwards, he began heading to the kitchen.

At the same time he was on his way there, Nina was coming down the stairs.

"Nina!" Eddie yanked Nina right by the basement door.

"Easy," Nina commented. "What is it?"

"It's you. I-I-I-I mean it-it's me and you. I mean...gah-"

"Eddie, get your thoughts together, and then your words."

Eddie took a deep breath. "Alright," he whispered, "I had a dream last night, and you were in it, and we were in the Anubis house for some reason as it began crumbling. And you reached your hand out to me, but then Jerome came in-"