Talk About It

"Found anything?" Fabian asked after a while.

"Define 'anything'," Alfie responded.

"You haven't found anything, have you?"

Eddie suddenly entered the room and closed the door.

"Starting without me, huh?" he asked. "You do know it is Osiris' crown we're looking for, right?" He sat on the bed.

"Don't worry," Fabian claimed. "Alfie hasn't made any progress anyway."

"Hey, I'm trying!" Alfie retaliated. "It's just so hard and time-consuming. And scrolling through all these ancient facts is worse than history class."

Fabian took the computer away from Alfie.

"Has the house spoken to you at all?" Alfie questioned.

"No, but maybe I should try Anubis house again," Eddie said.

"Again?" Fabian asked. "As in you went there earlier this summer."

"It's where we found Joy-Patricia, Nina, Willow, and I."

"And you didn't invite me?" Fabian stared in disbelief.

"Would you like to come this time?"

Fabian sighed. "Fine."

"And me?" Alfie chimed-in.

"Sure," Eddie approved.

"Yes!"

~~~~~

By the time KT, Mara, and Amber were back, the three boys had already left. They went upstairs to just relax and cool off because all they needed was peace and quiet and time.

Meanwhile, Mick had entered into Jerome's room after two knocks, and he closed the door behind himself. Jerome looked up at him from his computer screen as Mick sat down in the rolling chair.

"Can I help you?" Jerome asked.

"About that advice earlier," Mick began, "did you mean that?"

"Every word. Why?"

"Because it didn't seem right. It's not like you Jerome. Was it really that easy for you to just get over her. Did you just discard everything you had and no longer care?"

"I'm sorry to hurt your feelings Mick, but no one's waiting for you any longer. You and Mara are through, and you just have to realize it like I did."

"Going after someone you can't have only ends in heartbreak, Mick. But, you're entitled to your own choices, so don't let me stop your desires."

Mick decided not to talk with him anymore. He left the room, closing the door. He was going to take a walk and headed to the front door when he realized he was in too much pain to even leave the house. He sunk his back down to the ground, against the wooden front door.

Willow was coming downstairs, and she saw a distressed Mick. She went to him and sat down right in front of him, her legs crossed. Mick had his head buried in his arms, but he looked up at curious Willow.

"I don't reckon those are tears of Joy," Willow spoke.

That reminded Mick of Joy. "Where is Joy, anyway?"

Willow changed the subject. "Are you sad about something?"

Mick swallowed, "Other than my aching heart, I'm fine."

"Oh. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Actually, yeah. It's Mara. She doesn't love me. And I'm desperately in love with her, and we kissed that night, and now I just don't know."

"She doesn't love you? Or she's trying not to?"

"What?"

"It's not easy dating a guy who you know isn't going to be around for very long. You think you can just do it for a summer, and then by the end you're just done-" Willow began drifting into space but snapped back into reality soon enough. "It doesn't work that way. It sucks."

"I hope that's the only reason."

"Only reason, or not-it still hurts no matter what," Willow said point blank. "But you're here with her now-decide what you're gonna do about it. If you do date her, how will things end when you leave?"

"I don't know."

"The heart wants what the heart wants, even if it's owner can't have it. And we have to try not to care because sometimes, enduring the pain is the only way out."

"I wonder if Mara's enduring the same pain."

"Trust me, if she wasn't, I'd know. I sense sad vibes."

Mick laughed a bit. "How does that work?"

"How does anything work these days?" Willow smiled as she stood up. She went into the kitchen, and by the time of her departure from him, Mick already had a slight smile on his face.

~~~~~

Questions, of course. How do you feel about Willow's advice? Don't you think Willow can just be a wise girl sometimes? I do. She's so awesome. And gosh, I'm running out of chapter titles here.