Carnival Part 2

Fabian heard Nina's sharp, distinct scream.

"Nina?! Nina, are you ok?!" he asked, hesitating to go into the ladies' restroom.

Nina was still frozen in place, unable to say anything. For some reason, a tear slipped down her cheek, probably from how scared she was. She heard Fabian calling, asking if she were alright, but no sound could emit for her mouth.

"Nina?! Nina, say something, please!"

Nina knew she'd have to at least let Fabian know that she was ok. She yelled out, "I'm fine. Get an officer. Like, right now."

Fabian dropped the cotton candies and ran to get the nearest security cop at the carnival. He went inside the restroom with no hesitation, and found Nina standing in the same spot, right in front of the stall.

"Is there a problem ma'am?"

Nina pointed in the stall.

The officer walked over and took a look. He then spoke into his radio, "Give me some more officers in the West Area Restrooms of the Carnival. And lock down the Carnival. No one gets in or out."

~~~~~
Fabian and Nina were instructed to leave the scene. They went towards the entrance of the carnival, but of course they couldn't leave, so they sat at a table in the wide area. An announcement was made that the Carnival had gone on lockdown. Fabian was comforting Nina when Patricia and Eddie showed up back in that area, spotting them. They sat at the table.

"What's going on? What happened?" Patricia questioned.

Nina took a deep breath, ready to explain. "I went to use the restroom, and I saw something-something horrible." She swallowed. "I saw a dead woman with red markings around her neck like someone choked her, and they just left her in a stall."

"Disgusting," Eddie nearly puked.

"And it had to be fresh. There was no smell of death yet, so..."

"I wonder what happened," Fabian pondered aloud.

"Eddie and I should go find the others," Patricia stood up and Eddie followed her lead. They left quickly, looking for their friends.

They checked the animals' area where Willow probably would've been, they assumed, and they saw KT, Mara, Joy, Amber, and Willow leaving that area, so they were gathered up and updated on information. All who were needed were Mick and Alfie. They didn't really have time to search the whole Carnival though, so they headed back to Nina and Fabian and hoped for the best. All of them sat at the table, filling it up. Alfie and Mick were shoving through a crowd and spotted their friends, going over to the table and standing up since there was no room to sit down. They were alerted on what was going on.

"That's freaky," Alfie commented. "Who would do something like that?"

"This means we could be trapped here with a murderer," Mick gulped. "And no one knows who did this."

"We have to find out," Joy declared, brushing some hair behind her ear.

"Are you crazy? We can't just solve murder mysteries," Mara retaliated.

"Hello? Don't you remember: Sibuna's thing is mystery-solving."

"Well, everyone here isn't part of Sibuna, including you, Joy," Amber pointed out.

"It's not about members right now," Joy argued. "Ok, stop bringing that up. But all of us have some affiliation with Sibuna by this point, and we can do something about this murder."

"Cops have probably taped off the area, so how do we get to the crime scene anyway?" Eddie asked.

"If Nina remembers exactly how the markings around the neck looked, we can get started with that, right Fabes?" Joy explained, confirming it with Fabian.