Make and Renew

Joy woke up Mara, Willow, and Jerome at five a.m. and led them into the kitchen.

"What is with you, Joy?" Jerome asked sleepily. "It's five a.m."

"This is our new secret club," Joy squeaked excitedly.

"Ooh, secret," Willow smiled. Her and Joy were the only ones that seemed fully awake.

"Don't you guys want to stop feeling left out from Sibuna?"

"Maybe I should sleep on that," Jerome suggested.

"No."

"Why do we have to do it now?" Mara complained.

Joy said, "Just let me explain everything. We'll call ourselves Nubi because it's part of Anubis. It's just us, and we don't invite anyone else. We'll solve mysteries just like Sibuna. Come on guys, we're being left out by our best friends. This will be our chance to feel right again."

"I'm in," Willow agreed.

"Ok," Jerome began, "one, Nubi sounds stupid. Two, I don't care what Sibuna does or leaves us out of. Three, I need some sleep."

"Aren't you my boyfriend?" Joy asked. "You HAVE to agree with me." She said this sternly.

"Ok, fine."

Mara agreed too. They put in their hands, and Joy and Willow whisper-shouted, "Nubi!"

Jerome and Mara immediately left to go back to bed. Willow and Joy smiled at eachother and then left the kitchen as well.

---------------------------------------

The next morning, Sibuna met in Nina's room. She locked the door and pulled out the Cup of Ankh. It was still golden and had every gem and stone on it, without any dust. Amneris showed up, and she let all of them see her.

"Is that the cup?" she asked Nina.

"Yes, it is," Nina replied. "You can take it. You just have to promise to never come back."

"Never come back? Do you really think I want that accursed cup? It's a powerful cup, as well as a powerful curse. It tips the scales of life."

"We know. It's not cursed, it's-"

"-I know what a curse is. That cup makes you lose the ones you love, the ones you adore. It's wanted by those of selfishness and foolishness. They never cared about others; they just cared about immortality!"

"Then, why did you take it?"

"I wasn't as wise at the time. You children think that I will leave for that because that's what you merely are-children. No wisdom, no discipline, nothing of mature manner. I don't want a cup...I want you to save this world."

"From what?"

"From Set." She vanished.

"Set," Fabian said quickly. He stood up. "Set is the most feared god-demon in Egyptian myth. The only ones who can match his power is the Osirion-"

"-who died," Patricia interrupted.

"-and the chosen one," Fabian finished.

"Of course you would know," Nina glared at Fabian.

"Is this still about Mara?"

"Why didn't you wait, Fabian?!"

"Because...I-I-"

"-why Fabian?"

"Because it was too hard, ok! I couldn't keep suffering like that. I never forgot you, Nina. I longed for you to come back, but I couldn't keep living through the pain like that."

Nina's eyes started to water. She got up and left. Everyone else stared at Fabian.

"What?" Fabian questioned.

They just kept staring.

"Fine."

Fabian went after Nina. He eventually found her sitting on the porch. They were silent for a few minutes until Fabian broke it.

"I'm sorry, Nina, but-"

He couldn't finish his sentence. He couldn't finish because Nina turned towards him and kissed him. It wasn't just a little kiss, but they made out and kept making out as they wrapped their arms around eachother. They felt it again; the magic the unreality that was reality. And they missed it. Now they had it again.