Confrontation

Mara, Eddie, and Nina slipped back into the summer house and up into Nina's room where only Joy sat. Nina revealed the crown in her hands, and Joy covered her mouth to avoid squealing.

"I'll go get the others," Eddie volunteered.

He gathered all the Sibuna people up, and to cheer, they did the Sibuna signature mark of placing their hand over their eye and saying 'Sibuna'.

"Now we just have to wait for the date to come, right?" KT assured.

Fabian nodded and smiled. "That's all. We've done it all so far."

"Awesome," Alfie added.

They were about to part, and Eddie laid his hand on the doorknob to open it, but he had a sudden vision.

He was in the summer house. In Nina's room to be specific. He walked out the room, and to his right towards the stairwell stood Willow who suddenly dropped to the floor. Eddie tried calling out, but no sound emitted from his throat. But he could tell something was not right. He went to the stairwell, past the fallen Willow, and down the stairs. The bottom floor was clear, so he laid his hand on the front door handle. When he opened it, the sky was red with gold streaks. Alfie stood in the doorway though with tear stains on his face as he repeated, "You did this. You did this."

Eddie released from his vision. He realized he was on the floor in the center of the room. He scrambled up, and everyone knew by his scared expression, he had a serious vision.

"What was it?" Patricia asked. "What'd you see?"

Eddie glanced at Nina and then Alfie. He was still trying to piece together the vision, such as if Alfie meant he did something to Nina or the world to make it chaotic outside. But he lied completely about what he saw.

"Nothing."

He quickly left the room, heading to his own.

~~~~~

At night, Patricia went into Eddie's room. She closed the door and sat on the bed, facing Eddie who was sitting upright in the dark, not sleeping.

"Can't sleep, Weasel?" Patricia asked.

"Patricia, I don't have time for this right now," Eddie sighed.

"Yeah, because you're totally being productive sitting in the dark in the middle of the night."

In the dark, as her eyes adjusted, she could see Eddie more clearly. She could tell his expression was distracted and miserable in a sense.

"Ok, what's wrong? What was your vision?"

Eddie cast the actual question aside. "Every time I close my eyes now, I see something. Something I don't want to see. And in my vision, there-there wasn't that much, but it's like-it's scarring me. And I want to make everything stop, but I just can't. And I'm afraid to go to sleep. Please, no silly remarks."

Patricia opened her mouth a made a deep sigh. She reached forward, taking Eddie's hand, naturally slipping it into hers.

"Just know you have someone," Patricia comforted.

~~~~~

The next day when Mick was in the kitchen, Mara and Willow came in as well. Everyone froze in place for a split second, and then Willow left the kitchen, but remained right outside the kitchen, listening.

Mara was turning around to get her until Mick grabbed her wrist and kept her back.

He released as he said, "We need to talk."

Mara faced him. She wanted to avoid this, but sooner or later, they'd have to talk again.

"Mara, if you're not gonna date me, then don't. I don't know, I might need a break from dating. It just feels like I kind of get closer to someone just to realize there's a rope around me to pull me away anytime. I just need a rain check."

"We can still be friends," Mara replied, since that's the only thing she could think of answering with.

"Don't you get it, Mara? I can't be just friends with you. I'm in love with you. Too much, I suppose. Everytime I'm around you, all I can think about is kissing you. And knowing I can't..." Mick choked on his words until he finally uttered, "-just makes me fall apart."

He rushed past Mara, out the kitchen, stopping for a brief moment to look at Willow who didn't have anything to say. But they both knew that whole incident yesterday was confusion, and Mick needed to confront Mara again.

Mick continued to his room, closing the door behind himself.

Mara gazed at the door, her eyes feeling weighed down by the gathering tears. Willow opened the door, pausing for just a brief moment like Mick did to look at her, and then going straight to Mara. She hugged her in her arms tightly as Mara cried herself away. Words couldn't save this moment anymore tears or heartbreak. That's why silence hung in the air, other than Mara's sobbing. And even though Willow didn't feel as much pain as Mara in this moment, she still felt it correct to help Mara through the pain.

~~~~~

Oh man, I cry writing this story in some of these intense, romantic moments. But here we go with the discussion questions.

How'd you like this chapter?

Will Eddie be ok?

And how'd you feel about Mick and Mara's confrontation? This is the big question here, so tell me all!