Sibuna Meeting

This chapter has had a little update with Patricia's dialogue. Basically she's saying that she and Eddie will take the crypt and Anubis house.

~~~~~
Lately, these chapters have dealt a lot with Moy, and part of this will too. I don't know why I had to tell you that-I just did. Oh well.

~~~~~
Mick followed Joy outside. She was sitting on the porch steps with the calm lake to her right. Mick didn't sit down beside her, but he stood behind her.

"What's wrong, Joy?" he asked.

Joy combed her fingers through her hair. "I can't do this."

Mick swallowed. "What do you mean?"

"I can't do us." She twisted her body around to see Mick.

"Did I miss something? Did something happen?"

"You do realize I'm still dating Jerome. He's still somewhere in that body, and when we get Set out, I don't want him to come back to a girlfriend who isn't his girlfriend anymore."

Mick was silent until he finally said, "But I like you, Joy. I really, really like you."

Joy stood up, looking slightly up at him because of height difference.

"How would you know what you like? You just separated from Mara. Maybe you're confused."

"That was weeks ago."

Joy gazed downward and looked back up again after heaving a sigh. She placed her right hand on Mick's neck, right under his ear. Her touch was soft to his skin. "Mick, I'm still with Jerome. There are billions of girls on this planet; I'm sure you can find someone else." She removed her hand.

"What if I don't want someone else?"

Joy swallowed and made (what sounded like) pants. "You're making this really hard for me, Mick."

"Then just face the fact-we like eachother."

"I need more than a 'like', because I love Jerome."

"Stop bringing Jerome into this. Think about yourself. What do you want? What if Jerome never returns? What if you guys fail, and he never comes back?"

Joy glared at him angrily. "He's coming back."

Joy stomped back into the house. Mick stood in the same place, staring where Joy just stood before him.

~~~~~
Sibuna held a meeting, and Mick attended with the rest of the house members. They were in the main part of the house, some of them sitting on the steps, some circling around on the floor, some standing up. They brought the supplies they had such as the flute with its music, the Crown of Osiris, and Nina's locket.

"I'm pretty sure I've got the whole song down," Fabian began. "So, we're good on that."

"But you're not pretty sure on the things you write," Nina commented.

"Could we not bring this up right now?"

Nina rolled her eyes.

"Ok..." Patricia rubbed her hands together. "What exactly does the crown do?"

"Ooh, I researched," Mara rose her hand in excitement. "The Osirion wears it to unleash certain powers."

"And what will the locket do in this situation?" Amber asked.

Mara answered this as well. "Well, of course Nina will use it, and basically its true purpose is different every time. We just have to wait and see what it'll do this time."

"Hey, will we go looking for Alfie and Willow?" KT questioned.

"He could be anywhere with her. Where should we start looking?" Eddie responded.

"Uh, maybe Anubis house," Nina suggested.

"Or the gatehouse?" KT said. "We haven't been there in forever, but he could be anywhere we've ever gone like the crypt, or the library, or the school."

"I guess looking in familiar places is a good starting point," Eddie nodded. "Nice suggestions KT. And good suggestion Nina. So, we split up and look in those four places, I suppose. Three groups of two and one group of three. Who's in each group?"

"Eddie is mine," Patricia declared assertively. "We'll take the crypt. We can also go through that passage to look through the cellar and Anubis house."

"Uh, Mara, do you want to go with me?" KT asked.

"Sure," Mara replied. "Shall we take the library?"

"Ok."

"Joy and I can go to the school," Amber said. "Wow, going back to high school."

"Mick, do you want to go with me?" Nina asked, realizing Mick and Fabian were left.

"Sure. I guess we have the gatehouse-a place I have no idea about," Mick replied.

"Don't worry, We'll experience it together."

"And you Fabian?" Eddie asked. "Do you want to join a group or would you rather stay and watch the house."

"Um..." Fabian glanced at Nina and immediately removed eye contact. He looked at Patricia and she glared at him while shaking her head. He had a choice between Amber/Joy and KT/Mara. "I think I'll do Amber and Joy."

"Great. Let's do this. Sibuna."

~~~~~
That's the chapter for you readers! As you may be able to tell, this is nearing the end, but I still have a couple more chapters in mind. It's not like I'm coming down to the last five yet. I'll also add some after the whole battle thing as well. But anyways, I don't really have any discussion questions for this so you can just type something up about the chapter. I don't really know. Tell me how you feel about it. Or tell me how your day was. It doesn't really relate to the story, but it's fine. Yeah. So, bye.