Feelings

A few days later, when Sibuna was back on track, they met again in Nina's room where Joy was still hiding out. Joy also remembered something that she'd meant to tell them. Willow had forgotten about it anyway, so it was good that Joy could remember.

"Um, the night I was taken, I was heading to Fabian's room to give him something that Willow and I had found. It was a riddle and it said:

'Hidden in a vault of a gold,

A crown with ostrich feathers.

In the hands between-no-in the hands of the bridge between father and son,

The all seeing eye.

The child of the-(she thought a bit) the revived,

And the reawakened father,

Join together in the eleventh hour.'

I found out that Osiris is the reawakened father, so that's the Osirion, and the child is Horus, the Chosen One. The bridge between father and son would be Nina since she's half the Osirion, half the Chosen One, and the all seeing eye must be her locket. The crown of ostrich feathers must be what it says, and I believe the eleventh hour is the hour of eleven."

"Well, we actually figured out we had to stop Set in the eleventh hour, but it's not the hour of eleven per say, but the last possible moment to do something. And the crown of ostrich feathers is the description of Osiris' crown," Fabian explained, knowledgeably.

They all discussed this until they parted ways. The boy went downstairs, and Patricia and Nina stayed in the room with Joy. Amber, KT, Mara were headed downstairs, and Willow went to her room.

"How's your independence going, gals?" KT asked as they walked downstairs, side-by-side.

"Amazing. Alfie is no longer a part of my life," Amber spoke proudly.

"And taking a break from Mick and Fabian has really lifted a heavy burden. You work wonders KT."

They stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"You two wanna go see a movie?" KT asked. They were all dressed well enough to go out anyway. Well, Amber, being Amber, didn't feel that way.

"In this outfit? Are you kidding me?" Amber asked as if it was outrageous. She looked dressed up to everyone else, but apparently she had to dress in awareness of where she would be going. "Let me go change first."

She scurried back upstairs and into her room.

"You know," KT chuckled, "I realized we need money to get in. I'll go grab my wallet. Do you want me to grab yours?"

"Yes, please. It's in the top drawer by my bed."

KT nodded and headed upstairs, leaving Mara alone, waiting. Mick came from his bedroom and was heading towards the kitchen from the boys' hall, but stopped when he saw Mara by the stairs.

"Mara, we should talk," Mick stated.

"I'm kind of about to go somewhere-"

"-please, just, real quick."

Mara was silent for a bit. She could feel herself losing the battle already, of not thinking about anything between them. "Ok, what?"

"You know we kissed. And that kiss meant everything to me. And when we parted, I thought you felt the same way, but if that's not the case, tell me."

Mara swallowed, trying to keep her feelings separate from her thoughts. "It was just a kiss, nothing more."

Mick looked a bit heartbroken by that.

"You're going right back to Australia after the summer, anyway. I've got better things to do than spend my time kissing all over a boy who's leaving in less than two months." That sounded harsher than she intended it to.

"But what about now?" Mick took one step forward, and that was it. "Why can't you just be with me now?" Mara could see tears forming in his eyes. "Why can't you realize that there's someone right here, right now, who's in love with you?"

KT went to the top of the stairs, about to descend them until she saw Mara and Mick. She couldn't see the front of Mara, but she could see Mick clearly, and he was on the verge of crying. Amber came out too, in her new outfit, stopping by KT as well. Mick didn't pay any attention to them.

Mara was about to come out with the truth as tears formed inner eyes as well. "I'm sorry. I feel so stupid and ignorant for not kissing you right now, but-"

"-then kiss me," Mick interrupted as a tear found its way down his left cheek. "Just kiss me, Mara."

Mara was about to go right towards Mick and kiss him, as it could be seen in her body language. She was going to do it. Until KT spoke, "Mara?"

Mick looked up and Mara looked back as she wiped her eyes.

"That movie, remember?" KT asked, keeping them from kissing. She couldn't let Mara slip in like that.

"Right," Mara sniffled a bit. She avoided anymore eye contact with Mick and walked right past him, out the door, KT and Amber following.

~~~~~

These are little post-chapter discussion questions I have to ask. Do you think KT did the right thing stopping Mara from kissing Mick? And do you think Mara and Mick should be together? Tell me your thoughts. You are free to rant.