Set the World on Fire part 5

Mara, Patricia, and Amber went through the tunnels, making turn after turn, feeling more and more lost along the way. But they're spirits perked up when they heard two voices chatting. It was KT and Mick's. They went towards the sound, finding both of them right around the corner.

"Hey!" KT greeted, glad to see them.

"Hi," Mara smiled. "We're looking for Willow and Joy. Fabian is safe out of the tunnels."

"Ok. Let's get looking," Mick said.

They continued on, and when they heard Willow and Joy talking, they were overjoyed. The five of them hurried towards the voices, their spirits slightly bending as they came to a dead end, voices right on the other side.

"Willow? Joy?" KT called out.

"KT!" Joy shouted back.

"Hey. I'm here with Mara, Patricia, Mick, and Amber!"

"What abut Fabes?"

"He's safe!"

"Good! So, how do we get to where you are?" Joy asked.

"Um..."

"Let me try something," Mara suddenly said.

She approached the wall that separated them, placing the tip of her fingers on it. For a moment, nothing happened, but miraculously, a purple stream of light came from each finger, going to the perimeter of the wall, and it slid open.

"Way to go, Mara," Amber complimented.

They turned back around, and every tunnel that needed to open, opened for Mara. Instead of having to touch it over and over again, she could do it just with willpower now. They made their way back to the main part of the cellar where they found Fabian.

"Why aren't you above ground?" Patricia asked.

"The door won't budge."

The others turned to Mara, hoping she could do something.

~~~~~

When Set's hands connected with Eddie and Nina, a bright flash appeared, and the three of them landed in on cold stone that was smooth and black. The entire room was dark until candles that wrapped around all the way up to the top of the tower lit up. The top of the tower had a circular opening, matching the shape of the room. There were five ground level windows which Eddie and Nina both looked out of, seeing sand stretch for miles.

"Where are we?" Eddie asked, turning back towards Set.

"The Tower of Demise," Set replied, knowing the place all too well from ancient times. "No one's leaving this place until someone dies."

Set raised his hands, and shot a wave of smoke and fire towards Eddie and Nina.

~~~~~

Mara placed her hand on the doorknob; it was very cold to her for some reason. She tried focusing on opening the door, but this wasn't coming as easy to her as the tunnels did.

"Is it working?" Mick whispered.

"Please, let me concentrate," Mara ordered.

"Sorry."

Mara realized she couldn't get through up close.

"Ok, everyone back up."

"What're you doing?" Fabian questioned.

"Blasting the door down."

Mara stepped down a few steps, still facing the door. She held out her hand, and purple light busted from it, towards the door, blowing it out of the doorway as well as shattering the wood into a bunch of pieces.