Return to Anubis

Alfie and Fabian were in the museum, looking around for anything they could find that would possibly be of some help, not only to the song, but to anything. Alfie found a replica of the flute in a glass case.

"Hey, Fabian, check this out," Alfie called.

Fabian came over. "Ok, let's read." Fabian muttered the words under his breath as he did read aloud.

Alfie heard the word read and turned around to face something else instantly.

The information about the flute read:

This flute, the Flute of the Snake Charmer, was used to charm evil Egyptian god, Set's, snake. The flute was birthed from pure gold and ancient Egyptian elements that were often used in formation. The flute was believed to charm the snake which reined down alongside Set every Egyptian new year, or the middle of summer, often falling on June 21st. The written music of the snake charming song, preserved for over 3000 years, is located upstairs.

"Alfie,come on," Fabian hit Alfie to get his attention. Alfie paid attention and followed Fabian up the steps.

They found the sheet music at the far end of the first hallway they ran to. It was definitely old, one give away being that it was written on papyrus. Another was that it was obviously Egyptian music writing, considering the fact it was written with colored circles of different sizes.

"Rainbow circles?" Alfie asked. "Really?"

"It's how they wrote their music back then. The different colors represent the notation and the size represents the duration."

"So, what note is each color?"

"Well, you see over here-" Fabian circled an area with his finger where there was a column of the five different colors used.

"These five colors here are their only five notes, and there are also only five holes on the flute. The ancient Egyptians went by a pentatonic scale without half tones because when people played that's how they made notes blend well. So, as long as I just get the duration right, I believe I can learn how to play this."

"I have no idea what you're saying."

"I just need to take a picture." Fabian was taking out his phone and was about to snap a picture when a security guard came over to him.

"No pictures," he spoke in his deep voice.

"But-" Fabian began. He looked back at Alfie who was useless. "Fine." He put his phone back in his pocket.

The security guard nodded and went downstairs. Fabian waited till he was out of view point and quickly took a snapshot of it.

"Let's go," he said to Alfie.

~~~~~
"Boys are the world's mistake," Amber stated.

Her, KT, and Mara were in a fro-yo parlor, sitting at a table with their individual frozen yogurts.

"I'm never loving any boy ever again," she declared.

"Amber," KT got her attention, "you're nineteen. Don't let one little Alfie alter your entire life. And you don't need a boy or a man to make you happy, because you are a strong woman. We all are, and the guys have to realize who their fighting for. And then we can date them."

"This is a girls' time after all," Mara chimed-in. "Mick and Fabian aren't the clouds in my brain right now because I'm not with them right now,"

"So, I should forget Alfie, and everything we had?" Amber questioned.

"Or, just move on," KT suggested. "Enjoy your life."

Amber smiled. Maybe she could move on from Alfie. Maybe she could find the strength in herself to move on. She knew she could.

~~~~~
Patricia, Willow, Nina, and Eddie entered Anubis house, closing the door behind themselves. They casually paced around, waiting for the house to tell Eddie and/or Nina something.

"Into the cellar, maybe?" Willow suggested.d

They decided to go down into the cellar, making their way to Frobisher-Smythe's study with the bookcase in there. There were no clues in there, so they were about to head to the other tunnel direction until they heard a click from upstairs.

"Someone's here," Eddie stopped.

"The caretaker?" Patricia questioned.

"Not this soon in the summer," Nina whispered.

They then heard the click of the door to the basement. Everyone hid out of the line of sight, on the opposite side from the stairs behind some junk down there. Nina tried getting a glimpse of the person. And there was just enough light inside for her to see who it was.

The person looked around and then went into the tunnels the other four were about to head in.

Once it was safe, they went out of hiding.

"It's Set," Nina whispered.

"So, what do we do now?" Patricia asked.

"We follow him," Eddie began making his way towards the tunnels. He waited at the beginning for the others to come.

And they did.