Bennett.

"Hmm so you remember Ty right?" I ask Sophie as I pull out of her driveway.

"Of course I do, I specifically remember his girlfriend"She chuckles.

"Well he's like renting out some bar for New Year's Eve and a few of the guys are going, more like all and he invited us if your down" I tell her. She plugs her phone into the Aux.

"Yea sure, that sounds great" she nods.

"Really? I mean we don't really have to go if your not comfortable"

"Well I did fine at the Christmas party and plus I'm going to have to be comfortable if you'll be spending all your time with those guys so sure why not"

"Okay if your positive"

"Oh I am, and plus I get to see Molly and Willow"

"Now why is that I feel like I'm going to be replaced?" I tease as I look at her quickly. She smiles.

"Your mother did tell me that she was called Mrs steal your girl when you Dad was first drafted so"

"Yea why do you think mom is on the phone with Steph, Lucy and Christina all the time" She laughs. Music to my ears. I pull up to our favourite lunch restaurant, cut the engine and quickly jump out of the car. I shiver slightly at the cold air, I open the passenger door and wrap an arm around Sophie as I shut the door. We walk into the warm restaurant and Sophie sighs from the warmth hitting our cold bodies.

"Table for two please"I tell the hostess, she grabs two menus and we follow her. I help Sophie with her jacket and chair before sitting across from her myself. She immediately picks up the menu but I couldn't help but stare at her for a few moments.

"What are you starring at?" She questions.

"You, just soaking it all in" She rolls her eyes trying to hide her blush.

"And your ring"I comment, now she didn't even bother to hide her blush.

"Stop"She whacks me with the closed menu. I chuckle, we order our usual. She talks to me about how school is going, giving me every detail. I hated to admit it in my own head but I sometimes wished I had enrolled at a college or university, I had always enjoyed going to school just for the joy of being away from the rink sometimes. Don't get me wrong I love hockey and spending all my time on the ice but it was going to school that gave me the just a bit of freedom I needed to escape the hockey life.

I had brought up the plans for Bye week and she said she'd have to get back to me but I knew she would come. This year was the first time the two of us were actually so distant. Sure we'd talk and call and text but it wasn't the same as having her there after every single game I played or even in the same country for that matter.

"How about we go to the Christmas Market" I suggest.

"Right now?" She jokes, I roll my eyes.

"Afterwards silly"

"Sure, as long as I'm with you I'm fine" She smiles up at me.