Audrey.

I stood at the kitchen counter as Mabel sat at the nook, half asleep. The two of us were up early today because we were headed to New York with mom to film something for Refinery29. We were there for about three days or four, depends on filming. We were doing the normal photo shoots, interviews, a tour around the city and on one of our last days we were going to go on a bookstore tour to all of our favourite bookstores in New York.

"May? Your breakfast burrito is ready"I tell her. Mom had pre made them last night so we'd just have to heat them up. "May!" I practically yell and she jumps awake. I hand her her plate and orange juice as mom comes down with all the luggage's.

"Well, now I regret telling your father not to wake up"she sighs, I slide her her own plate and she thanks me.

"May, wake up. We won't be eating a regular breakfast for a while"Mom demands and May wakes up and groggily eats her burrito.

"Are you vlogging this trip?" I yawn and rub my eye.

"Yea, but don't worry I'll start filming at the airport"I nod. We soon finished our burritos and headed out of the house. It was almost six by the time we pulled out of the neighbourhood.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
We got through security with ease, or as much ease as it can get when you fly. We only had about forty five minutes before our gate was called so we headed for the shops to grab some snacks, whenever Mabel and I flew with mom it was tradition that mom gets the drinks, most likely iced coffee and we'd get the snacks.

We all met back at the gate, Mabel and I reminded quiet seeing as we still both so tired. We had late nights at dance or the gym.

"You girls brought your homework right?" Mom says. We both nod, Mabel places her head on mom's lap, asleep yet again.

"I wish when I was younger and mom would just carry me onto the plane"Mabel yawns, mom chuckles.

"Oh yes, how I miss your baby days"Mom brushes the hair out of Mabel's face.

"Nah, you love us now"I smile at mom, she turns her head to me and shrugs.

"I guess you kids are okay" I roll my eyes and she kisses my forehead.

"We're just okay?"Mabel asks.

"I mean your better then your brothers"

"Dad says we were all evenly planned"I joke.

Mom laughs "yea right, sure you were"

"Ew, gross"Mabel cringes. Mom and I laugh.

📍upintheairchloelane my favourite part about flying early in the morning is the sunrises and the fact my daughters fall asleep on me and each other

📍upintheair
chloelane my favourite part about flying early in the morning is the sunrises and the fact my daughters fall asleep on me and each other.
tagged audreylane mabellane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~