Sophie. (bonus chapter)

📍Nashville General Hospitalsophielane wishing you were here to hold my hand and give words of encouragement as we welcome our baby boy to the world but I know your up there in heaven cheering me on💙🤟🏼#inlaborwith#3

sophielane wishing you were here to hold my hand and give words of encouragement as we welcome our baby boy to the world but I know your up there in heaven cheering me on💙🤟🏼
#inlaborwith#3

baileyava Aww I adore this picture so much.
clairemiller baby Gwen isn't so much a baby anymore. Good luck babe you got this!💪🏻
mollypowell holding your hand from Pittsburgh babe!
meganlane you got this Soph!😘😚
audreylane I can't wait to meet my nephew!! Love and prayers to you Soph!
simonlane don't worry Soph, I've got you.

"Alright Sophie, you ready to push?" Doctor Kim asks. I nod slowly and sit up. Megan holds the pillow behind me for me.

"Ready?" Doctor Kim asks the two men behind me. I had asked Simon and David to be here, hoping that they could both fill the void of Bennett who should be here.

"Yea" I hear David say.

I open my shaking hand that was clutching the hospital bed "Si" I say, tears already threatening to come out. Simon smiles at me and places his hand in mine, squeezing it.

"Alright Sophie, lets do this"Doctor Kim gives an encouraging smile. I nod and let out a large sigh.

Riley Carter Lane was born at six twenty five pm.

I cry as Doctor Kim hands me my new baby boy "congratulations Sophie, you were a real trooper" She smiles at me. I thank her not caring about the tears.

"He's so beautiful Soph" Megan says squeezing my shoulder. I look down at Riley and smile sadly at this bittersweet moment. He looked so much like Bennett.

"You did so good Soph" Simon praises before kissing the top of my head.

"I really couldn't have done it without you"I tell Simon in a quiet and tired tone. He smiles down at me. "Thank you" I say.

"You don't have to thank me, your my sister and I wouldn't have missed it" he says "I'm so proud" he says and his eyes vert down to the baby in my arms.

"He looks a lot like Ben huh" David says from behind me. I smile.

"He does" I agree "I wish he were here with us"I say sadly as I stroke Riley's cheek.

"He is don't worry" Simon tells me. I smile down at Riley and realize that the void I had felt for the last few months was somewhat full again but it could never be filled all the way.

I lean over and kiss Riley's forehead "hi baby, I'm your mommy" I smile down at him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~