Mabel.

📍Team Canada, Olympics

mabellane taken just moments before I fell super dramatically😂 just stepped away from the chaos to announce that I will be continuing with the competition...... let's get that gold ladies.

"Now you don't have to do this if you don't want to" My coach says as I sat on the chairs pressed up against the wall, she was taping my ankle and taping it tight.

"I want too"

"Don't put too much pressure especially unnecessary pressure" She says with a pointed look. I chuckle.

I was lucky it was her who was giving me a pep talk compared to our other coach, I've had enough tough love pep talks from him. More or less tough then love.

"How do you expect me to do my dismount?" I ask her, she looks up at me and rolls her eyes.

"Just dismount carefully, like we've taught you"She eyes me and I smile down at her.

"Are you sure that's not cutting any blood circulation?" She says tapping my ankle. I could barely feel it.

"Uh no?"

"Mabel"

"It's fine, I'll be fine"I assure her.

"Don't forget your wear your beam shoes please"She says standing up and I nod. "You've got this right?"

"Yea, I do. I'm betting on myself"I say as I stand up from the chair.

"I'm proud of you Mabel, no one I know is just as tough and"

"Stubborn"I lift an eyebrow finishing her sentence.

"I guess it runs in the family?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"Stubborn in our family could possibly be our last name"She pats my back with a smile.

"Go get'em"She winks at me. I nod as she walks away. I watch in front of me as someone does their beam routine.

I crack my knuckles "Yea I got this" I try to convince myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~