Bennett.

OOO

OOO

📍Berlin, Germany

📍Berlin, Germany.
mabellane These last two weeks have been nothing but extraordinary. In all honesty I had this long caption but no one wants to read that so, Thank you to everyone who supported me and helped me to where I am today, I would seriously not be the gymnast I am without you. And to my teammates, getting to experience my first Olympics with you all made it just as amazing. Just wanted to come here and say that no matter what your dreams are and no matter who supports you or not, sometimes life is just betting on yourself! Thank you again Germany, I'll never forget the memories but now it's time to head home I may or may not be getting ready for surgery😉
tagged teamcanada, gymcan1, olympics

"Why are you sulking?" Sophie asks as she settles beside me on the couch.

"May's Instagram post" I show her. Thankfully after my CF scare, it wasn't anything serious just an acute case of bronchitis. After hundreds of tests and x rays it did not affect my new lungs, thank god. "I just feel like a terrible brother considering I made her special two weeks turn into mine, like always"

I did feel bad because everyone of us got to shine and have our moment and Mabel was always there supporting us and when it finally came to her turn, I had some how successfully turned all the media press from her to me. Because my illness got in the way, nothing new ever.

"Don't blame yourself"Sophie says, her eyes trained on her book "I'm sure she isn't mad"

I scoff "knowing mabel, she probably is"

Sophie looks up "she isn't, I can promise you that"She says. "When's her surgery?" My wife asks me as I stand up.

"Wednesday I think, I couldn't imagine how angry mom was when they said she was gonna need surgery, she's always telling Mabel to be careful with her foot" I sigh and walk towards the kitchen.

"You Lane's always injury prone"Sophie jokes, I roll my eyes "And always spot light hungry"

"I mean have you met my parents?"I ask as I pour myself some water. "Want anymore tea?" I ask her, she shakes her head.