The Night When It All Began;;

Introduction to Sophie, the female MC of our story:

Sophie Gardener. A 19 y/o common girl had moved to New York just one year ago. She is an architecture student. She currently lives alone in an apartment at the heart of the city.
California was her hometown and she was raised by her single mother. Sophie's mom is a Korean by nationality.

The story starts here....

Sophie's pov:

I looked at my phone. It said 1.30am. Holy shit, I lost track of time.
I quickly threw few dollars on the cashier's counter, grabbed my jacket and walked out of the bar.
The street was dark, just a few cars eventually passing by.

I started walking down the pavement. I could hardly focus on the road.

Oh god, I drank way too much today. But what else could I do?

Today, I had literally seen my boyfriend making out with my classmate. I broke up with him right then and couldn't control my emotions. I was angry, frustrated, depressed and sad. So now here I'm, at the local bar... totally wasted.

It was hard for me to walk in heels, when suddenly I bumped into a huge man. He grabbed my arms harshly, making me stand straight.

He looked at me and started stroking my hair. "Oh baby, you look lonely. Do you need company? Let's spend the night together girl." he smirked. What an asshole.

"How dare you touch me! Fuck off" I struck his hand away and started walking as fast as I could. Suddenly, he gripped my hand and pulled my hair.

He pushed me into a very dark alley. I was about to scream when he pushed me against the wall and covered my mouth with his dirty hands.

I was struggling, but his grip was just too strong. "I asked you nicely just a moment earlier; you should've listened to me bitch." He was angrily staring at me.

He grabbed me by my neck and started kissing my neck like a monster, ripping my dress with his other hand. I was struggling to get away, hitting him continuously but he didn't even budge.

I was in pure panic. I lost all my hopes, tears rolling down my cheeks when suddenly I heard a voice.
"Just what do you think you're doing man?"
The creep stopped and turned. "Fucking her of course. Now get lost, there's no business for you here."

"Fucking someone against their will is called rape. And I'm sure you know that it is a huge crime."

"What the fuck is your problem man? Fine, if you want we can take turns... I know you can't resist this hot chi-"

*Thud*

Before I could understand what was going on, I found myself sitting on the cold ground. The man who was trying to abuse me was lying unconscious on the ground,a stream of fresh blood oozing from his skull.

Everything was silent. I was rubbing my arms.... My dress was almost ripped.

Tears started running down my cheeks. I was just staring at the unconscious man.

"Don't worry, he's not dead. Just a small head injury. He will wake up soon. Let's get out of here before he wakes up."
The stranger who had just saved me was now coming closer. I was not able to see his full face in the dark but his voice was deep and he was tall.

He quietly removed his jacket and threw it at me. I quickly wore it and tried to stand up.
"Uh, Thank You Mr-" I stopped midway.

He was staring at me. I could feel he was angry.

Before I could react, he swiftly took two strides and cornered me.
"Just what the fuck do you think you were doing here alone, so late at night woman?"

I couldn't speak. I was already scared and now I was scared even more. He was so tall, I looked like a tiny scared cat in front of him.
I started crying. My hands started shaking and I was losing my balance.
I just stood there, looking at the ground, feeling ashamed.

He sighed. "It's okay, don't cry. You are safe now. I will drop you. Where do you live?" "Just two streets away" "okay, come with me."

I stood still. After what just happened how could I trust another stranger?

He stopped and looked at me. "What? Oh. I understand how terrified you must be right now. Don't worry, I won't harm you. Trust me." He lifted his hand, waiting for me to hold it.

I sighed. I had no other choice anyway. Moreover, he just saved me.

I held his hand and started walking. He gave me support. I didn't even realize I was clutching his t shirt so hard.

"I'm Yunho by the way."
"Hi. I'm Sophie." "Sophie is such a pretty name. Suits you." he smiled at me.

What a cute smile. Just a while ago he was giving me a death stare and now his smile makes him a complete different person.

I was totally lost in thoughts but I was distracted by a black SUV, suddenly stopping before me.

"Sit inside and tell the driver your address."
"You are not coming?"
"No, I have some work."
"Could you please come?"
"Tch. Okay"

He sat beside me. I told the driver my address and soon was asleep.

▪️▪️▪️

"Uh-Miss Sophie, we have reached"
I slowly opened my eyes. He was looking down at me. I instantly got up.
Holy shit, I was sleeping leaning on him? What the -
"I'm so sorry! I was so sleepy, I didn't even realise..."
"No, it's okay. You were sleeping peacefully. You can go get some rest now."
"Um, can I get your call details? I will return your jacket and I also want to treat you for today."
"There's no need to-"
"I-I insist!"
"Okay."

We quickly exchanged phone numbers and I thanked him again. I went to my apartment.

What a weird day it was. First I get dumped by my boyfriend, then I get wasted, then I get attacked by a rapist and finally a hot gentleman saves me and we even exchange numbers. Great Soph! This feels like a typical movie story.

The moment I reached home, I plopped on my bed and fell asleep, clutching the jacket.
All this feels so unreal!

A/N :
Thanks for reading :)
I hope y'all stick to this book, You'll not regret it I swear!