Free;;

Sophie's pov:

"What are you talking about Mr. David? What evidence?" I repeated myself. "The money. My money. I and Kevin had several joint accounts and the money is gone. A lot of money is gone." He replied, looking at Grace who was now frowning, looking down at the carpet.

"The police later somehow found out the plane tickets he had booked in his name. He's gone." He said again, a look of dread in his eyes.

"But that doesn't make sense! Why would he run away? If he wanted to run away, why would he use his real name in the first place? As much as I know Kevin, he is not a fool to do such a stupid mistake." I stated. Everything seemed fake and senseless to me. It all looked staged.

"He...He was involved in drugs. He used to consume drugs. A boy from your college provided him drugs. The police say that he ran away, probably because umm maybe he was afraid that we'll find out? They both have fled." I was shocked at the brand new information I just got. Kevin? Drugs? Someone from our college?

"W-Who...provided him drugs?" I asked, afraid of what was coming.

"Someone named Martin. Apparently, even he's missing and the police found drugs stored in his apartment and Kevin was in contact with him before they both disappeared. Maybe, they both ran away together." David huffed out a deep sigh as he stopped talking. My throat went dry after hearing Martin's name. All these things I was hearing were shocking for me, making me dizzy, just imagining that our Martin was involved in something like that.

"Is this true? I know Martin personally and he doesn't seem like-"

"All this was investigated by the police Sophie. We just have to accept the fact that he stole money and ran away from home and maybe Martin is with him too." David leaned back on the couch, covering his face with his palms. Both of them were trying hard to believe all this was fake but it looked like they had already accepted the truth.

"You're wrong David. Everyone is faking it! Kevin did not go anywhere...I can just feel it! He's in trouble and we need to find him." Grace fumed with rage as tears continued to flow down her cheeks. I felt bad for her but I knew, I couldn't help her in any way. All I could do was comfort her so I got up and embraced her in a final hug before leaving.

▪️▪️▪️

-TIME SKIP-

▪️▪️▪️

Third Person pov:

"Any update on the Kevin matter?" Hongjoong asked, taking a sip of coffee from his cup.

"Everything is calmed down. The police, his parents, friends, relatives....everyone in this city believes he stole his parent's money and ran far away from home, probably with Martin. They are gone for good. No one will ever find out." Mingi replied, a wide smile on his face.

So far all the things were going smoothly. They didn't hear from the Costras, which made them relieved for once.

"Good." Hongjoong smiled. "And what about Sophie Yunho? Have you been keeping a watch on her? What are her activities?"

"Oh. Nothing special. Last week she visited Kevin's parents. She still doesn't know what Kevin had done to her so it makes sense that she is still worried about that bastard." Yunho answered, scrunching his nose at the mention of Kevin's name.

"Well, it's better that way. And about the Costras? Did they try to contact her in any way?" Seonghwa spoke, staring blankly at his empty cup.

"No, they did not. I haven't seen her go anywhere or meet anyone except her college friends. She's home most of the time as they have vacations right now." Yunho replied.