Yes;;

Sophie's pov:

I leaned in, my arms resting in my lap; patiently waiting for the old man to speak. Something smelled fishy and aunt was going to return anytime soon but I couldn't care less.

He cleared his throat and mumbled something to himself as if he was mentally practicing a speech.

"So Sophie, I guess Janice didn't tell you anything...you act like you didn't know I even existed. You really don't believe that I'm your uncle?" he raised an eyebrow with a slight frown on his face. I shook my head readily, already tired of being asked the same question repeatedly.

"Hmm, I knew this would happen....so I brought this." He pulled out a small glossy paper from his pocket. I realized it was photograph when he turned it towards me. My jaw dropped as soon as I saw the photograph.

A younger version of the man who was sitting in front of me right now, was holding a small baby girl in the picture- Me.

"That's--" "Yeah Sophie. That's you and that's me who's holding you. Now you believe me??" he quickly said making me nod, still surprised by that picture.

Why can't I remember shit? If he's my uncle, then where is my dad? Why did he leave my mom?
So many questions clouded my mind.

"I know what you are thinking. Don't worry, I'll answer them all. But first, you have to promise me something." I gulped. Even though he had showed me the proof, this man still smelled sketchy and I didn't want to promise him anything. He waited for a reply but I stayed silent for a while.

"What do you want from me?" I finally spoke, trying to remain confident.

"I want you come with me. I want to keep you safe." He replied.

"I won't promise until you tell me everything." I replied sternly. He glared at me for a second but soon gave up.

"Okay. What do you want to know Sophie?"

"The whole story."

He huffed out at sigh, glancing at his watch. "Okay then here me out. Don't freak out but this will be lot to take in. Will you be fine?" he asked with a poker face. I nodded.

Hope so I'll be fine.

"So Sophie. Almost 20 years ago your mother, Janice met a man who she fell in love with. She was so in love with him that she never even thought twice before getting married with him. Their marriage was secretive and sudden, just very few family friends. After getting married, just after a year, this couple was blessed with a baby girl...and that was you, Sophie." He stopped and looked at me. I was trying my best not to look stressed.

"Continue." I felt myself getting weak, already knowing what was coming next.

"Okay. So, when you were of around just 8 months old...something happened and your mom and dad divorced." He took a deep breath. I covered my face with my sweaty palms.

"WHAT." I asked suddenly. "Huh?"

"What happened? Don't just say something happened. I want to know why they divorced even though they loved each other so much." I asked firmly, slowly my voice getting louder.

He hesitated but the looking that I won't give up, he finally gave in.

"Your mom found out something she wasn't supposed to know. He tried to keep it secret from her as much as possible but she somehow found out. Just this one incident broke their whole marriage, leaving you in the middle...just an eight year old infant." He plastered his face with the most sad look he could bring up.

"What did she find out?" I stared at him. I wasn't scared anymore. I was finally getting my answers. The answers I've been searching for my whole life.

He gulped. "She found out that your dad, her husband was...involved in a mafia business." He looked away as my jaw dropped. I kept waiting, waiting for him to say something more. Finally he decided to speak again.

"And not just any mafia. He was the mafia boss, the infamous Nathan Costra, my younger brother."

▪️▪️▪️

Author's corner:

Jongho: *whispers* quiet everyone! He'll be here any minute!

*door opens silently*

Author : HA-

Yeosang: *interrupts Kelly* Shuush dumbass, that's Hongjoong.
Here hyuuung!~

Author : Oh.

Hongjoong: *joins everyone behind the table and whispers* what are we doing?

Wooyoung : *rolls eyes* playing hide and seek.

Hongjoong: Wowo really!?

San: *calms Hongjoong down and whispers* of course no hyung!

Mingi: Hey hey everyone, I hear footsteps...he's coming. Silence!

*door opens slowly*

*Everyone pounces up, a poorly decorated cake in Author's hands*

Everyone together:

Saengil chukha hamnida
Saranghaneun Seonghwa-shi
Saengil chukha hamnida

Yayyyyyy!

Seonghwa: *tearing up* Awww thank you so much guys! I love y'all!! But where did you buy the cake from? Let me sanitize it!

Yunho: There's no need for that hyung!

Seonghwa: *confused* and why is that?

San: becauseee.... Kelly made it with her own hands and we all helped!

*Everyone smiling brightly waiting for Seonghwa's proud mama words*

Seonghwa: *suddenly widening eyes* really!? You all together?

Yeosang: Yes!

*Seonghwa and Hongjoong exchanging glances in shock*

Seonghwa: *suddenly running* HOLY FUCK MY KITCHENNNNNNN!! SOMEONE SAVE MY KITCHENNN....

Hongjoong: *with a poker face* Oh. So the neighbours weren't lying whe they called me earlier and said they heard fire alarm from our dorm.

Jongho: *sheepishly smiling* uhh... yeah. That was noona's idea-

*Distant Seonghwa screaming from the kitchen*

Mingi: *gulps* I swear I wasn't a part of this. I never lie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE - PARK SEONGWHA