Fire;;

Sophie's pov:

This new information came to me as a shock. If whatever this man was telling was true, then I finally started to understand why Yunho and his brothers hated me so much. After all, I was the daughter of their biggest enemy- The Costras.

"Are you okay Sophie?" he asked and I nodded. "If whatever you say is true then....then...what happened after the divorce?" I asked.

"They got separated. Your mother wanted to take care of you so you grew up under her care."

"And...my dad?" I asked hesitantly.

Was it right to even ask about him? My mother must hate him and then why the fuck am I asking this?

"He misses you." He replied, as I jumped in my seat.

Misses me? So, he's been alive all these years and this much shit happened and I didn't know anything.

I shook away all my thoughts, trying to gather all the questions I've always wanted to find answers for.

"Then why did he never visit me and my mom?" I tried to sound brave, even though I had lost all my strength. The fact that I was talking to the brother of a Mafia boss was itself overwhelming but to be honest, at this point I was kind of used to it.

"Your mom never wanted to let you know about your dad. That was the main reason why she wanted to leave him. She knew that if you got involved with a family like ours, you'll naturally get involved in trouble. She wanted a normal life, for you and her own self too." He spoke at once as I tried to digest all the things he said.

"But poor Janice. I sometimes feel so sorry for her. She should've kept a watch on you. She would've been alive." He continued. My eyes widened as I heard him.

She would've been alive? What the fuck!

"What do you mean!?" I freaked out, my hands shaking violently as I stood up, towering him. The man shifted a bit more comfortably in his couch as he lifted his chin trying to match my gaze. A small smirk formed on his lips.

"Oh dear Sophie. Are you really so innocent or you just act innocent, huh? I don't think you are innocent though. After all, you have the Costras' blood running through your veins." He smiled shamelessly. My brows furrowed at his sentence, my body already heating up.

"Explain. Please." I demanded, my voice slightly higher than his.

He shook his head, half smiling. "You should've never got involved with that Yunho guy in the first place. I had told your mom to not tell you anything about us, but you see- My job is to make sure our business is safe and that's what I just did." His smile vanished as a serious expression crawled over his face.

My legs started shaking as I was finally understanding what he was saying.

"We wanted to keep you with us Sophie, for your own safety; so to make you come back here... I swear I just gave her a small dose... uh okay, well I admit I did it on purpose. Stupid Nathan cared about her way too much that he slowly hated being in this business and even wanted to quit." Ryan got up as he furiously banged on the glass table, as if he was talking to himself. He soon realized and sat down quickly as his creepy smirk returned.

"Yeah so uhm...I gave her some extra dose by mistake and she died so to make it seem real, I had to set the kitchen on fire and all...rest all you know. Man, so much just to make you come here. See? Just to keep you safe because your stupid dad loves you way too much and I love my business way too much. I have to keep our information safe." He looked at me, not even a bit of sadness or remorse in his eyes.

I tried to control my tears, which finally got out of control. Without any further thought, I lunged at him, my fists tightly grabbing his neck. Within seconds, the whole scenario changed with me being the one pinned to the wall.

He seemed to have no trouble hurting his niece but his grip was pretty loose as if he was going easy on me. I tried my best to grab the vase beside me but he soon noticed.

"Don't even try anything my little girl. I'm not gonna hurt you. We need you so that's why I'm here in the first place." He said with the brightest smile on his wrinkled face. I scowled at his words.

"And of course I'm not forcing you. It's your decision, but just remember. Your dad is a nice guy and he misses you a lot. Please come with me."
He finally let me loose. I gasped trying to breathe in air.

"See? I even let you go and let you decide! I could've done anything to you but I didn't! I'm a nice man Sophie. Whatever I did was all for your sake." His expressions suddenly changed into pity. I was surprised at his ability to change his expressions so easily...just like a chameleon changes its colours.

He looked at his watch one last time before turning away and leaving.

"You've got two days to decide Sophie. Your dad is your future. You don't have any choice left anyway." He spoke without even turning. I crouched on the floor, tears running down my cheeks and every bone in my body hurting as I thought about everything.

What the fuck am I going to do now?

▪️▪️▪️

A/N:

Idk if this is a good news or a bad news for you but...
The end of this book is near :)
What do y'all think she will do now?