Control;;

Third person pov:

"Do you even understand what are you saying? Are you fucking insane!?" The tall man furiously spat at the older man who looked apathetic. The furious man abruptly got up from his chair, slamming his fists on the wooden desk. Still, the old man didn't even flinch at this and stayed calm, as if he already knew all the reactions.

"I clearly understand what I'm saying and I'm the one who makes plans so you better listen to what I'm trying to say." The man with slight silver hair said as calmly as he could. The younger sat down on his seat again, this time clasping his hair tightly.

"You just make decisions. I am the one who decides whether to follow them or not." He finally spoke which made the white haired man frown.

"Look. She's a threat. She knows everything about us. We should meet her before Ateez reaches her. Our associates, the boys I sent to kill them failed to do it, those bastards. Ateez will get to her first... We need to hurry up." He replied as the boss got up again and started pacing through the periphery of the room.

"But what are you going to talk to her about Ryan?" he spoke after thinking for a while. "I'll just tell her to stay away from all this mess and not tell anything about us. Not even mention to anyone that she knows who and where we are and how she is related to us." Ryan explained to the boss who was still thinking.

"She already does that. Her name is changed, her address is changed and she pretends that she doesn't know anything about us. It's been years she has kept this secret so I don't think so she'll tell them anything even if they reach her." He replied, his words clear and confident. After all, he knew her better than anyone else.

The older huffed out a sigh before he spoke again, his voice husky but clear this time "You have pretty good idea what Ateez are and how merciless they are. Just imagine what they'll do to make her speak Nathan. They'll do anything they can to her just to find us. Anything."

A sharp chill ran down Nathan's spine as he imagined the situation, instantly agreeing to what the older had been trying to convince him for more than an hour.

"Alright. Meet her as soon as possible and explain to her everything. Ateez have been active lately and I can feel that she's in danger." Nathan spoke hurriedly as he gulped down a glass of water. The older man nodded and turned around to leave, a huge smirk on his face.

▪️▪️▪️

Sophie's pov:

The time seems to be slowed down. But at least I'm home.

It took me almost two hours and five burgers with two cokes to make things up and convince Meghan. Her eyes were swollen from all the weeping she had done for four nights since Martin disappeared. A tear rolled down my cheek as well when he crossed my mind.
I felt bad for Kevin as well. Just where did they both go?

I and Megs had tried our best to contact them. Even police was searching for Kevin. Poor Martin, he didn't have a family. Only friends.

I grabbed my phone and house keys and descended down the staircase. The cab I had called earlier halted in front of me and I got in, my mind muzzled with thoughts about the disappeared boys.

The car stopped in front of the huge mansion, the whole structure shining as if it were made of gold. I took a deep breath, a familiar scent loitering around the air. The last time I had visited this place- it was months ago. I told my name to the guard who let me in instantly. Walking down the huge stone pathway, I finally reached the entrance and softly knocked on the door with the help of the circular metal knocker.

The door was opened by a butler, who I knew very well. A small smile formed on the face of the old man as he greeted me in. "Mr. James! You look even more old now haha" I joked as I walked in.

"What? No! I'm just 55! I'm still young Miss" he laughed back and gestured me to sit on the sofa.

"How have you been sweetie? We are meeting after a long time." He continued.
"I'm alright James. I'm here to visit Kevin's parents." I replied as my smile slowly disappeared. He frowned as well and nodded hurrying off to inform them about it.

A fat woman and a man almost in his 50s walked towards me with, sadness plastered on their faces. They didn't even try to hide it.

"Sophie dear, how are you?" she asked as she pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged her back, taking in the warmth of a mom's hug I missed so badly.

"That's not important right now. How are you Grace?" I spoke, my voice muffled and unclear. Her swollen eyes and the man's tired face made it unbearable for me to even look at them.

"Oh dear, what do I even say." She sat down on the sofa and started sobbing silently. Mr. David tried his best to calm her down but she just couldn't stop. He sighed audibly and started speaking, his voice weary.

"Kevin is nowhere Sophie. We even went to the best and highest ranked police officers and detectives. He is nowhere to be found." He turned to me, sadness in his eyes. I felt bad. No one of us knew what happened to him. Was he safe?

"They are lying David. All of them are lying." Grace shook her head as if she was denying whatever the police told them.

"They aren't lying Grace. Why would they? You yourself saw the evidence." He replied on which she denied again, "No. It's all made up. I'm telling you. Kevin would never."

"What do you mean Grace?" I asked in bewilderment.

"The police are saying Kevin was involved into a drug racket and so he stole money and fled away, far away where no one could find him." David explained, making my jaw drop. This was all unbelievable and shocking. I did not want to believe any of it.

"I know Sophie. This is shocking for us too! But the police have got evidence." He continued, a frown on his face and his head hung low, probably of shame.

"What evidence?" I asked again. I was curious.
Just what all things did Kevin do?