Alone;;

Third person pov:

Yunho looked at Sophie, who still hadn't spoken a word. She was scared. She didn't even know what exactly he wanted from her.

Yunho sighed, his whole demeanor suddenly changing. He pitied the poor girl and realized whatever he did just now was wrong. After all, he loved her.

"Soph, I'm really sorry. But I want you to speak. I need to know what's going on." He spoke, his voice a lot softer than before.

"I am the one who needs to know what's going on." Sophie replied. She had finally calmed down but was still confused.

"You-You really don't know?" he titled his head in confusion.

"No. Literally nothing. I really don't know what's going on here. Who was that man who attacked Felice...? Why did he attack us...? What are you involved in...? And why did you hurt me just now. I know nothing. I want answers Yunho. I need to know
" She spoke slowly, with a sense of authority. She was clueless.

Yunho's jaw dropped after listening to her.

She is innocent. She has been innocent since the beginning.

▪️▪️▪️

Yunho's pov:

She didn't let our eyes meet. Her cheeks were soaked with her tears, her eyes red. Seeing her like this was the last thing I've ever imagined.

On top of that, the fact that I was the reason behind this made me even more guilty...and now that I knew she was innocent, it was even more harder for me to meet her eyes.

She slyly looked at me, waiting for a response. I was speechless.

Too many things were happening at the same time. I knew everything about her which will break us apart, but I loved her.

I still love her.

"Soph" I started, my voice barely audible. I couldn't find words to speak. She wanted answers which I had, but I couldn't give her. She didn't know anything, and I just didn't want her to know anything. She'll shatter if she comes to know.

"Soph, I'm sorry, but I can't tell you. Forget everything I just said. You're Sophie Gardner, an architecture student, raised by her single mom. That's it. This is who you are." I paused to look at her reaction. Her tears had stopped flowing, now her eyebrows furrowing.

"And you have never met me okay? You don't know me. You don't know Jeong Yunho exists. I'm sorry. I really am sorry for everything. But we can't see each other anymore." My voice cracked. I fought back my tears, burying my face in my palms.

I didn't want to see her. I couldn't bear to see her.

"Yunho...what are you saying??" I heard her soft voice coming closer.

"You just can't leave me like that!" she continued. I looked up. She was silently crying, surprise and shock all over her face.

"I just....I just can't Soph..I'm sorry. I'm a nobody for you now." I spoke, in almost a whisper.

I had to leave this place before I feel even more bad. Before I hurt her more.... physically and mentally.

"Yunho, no don't leave!! Stay! I beg you." she grabbed my wrist, almost begging.

I looked away.

No. I have to go. But this is the last time I'll see her.

I turned again and bent down a bit.

"I love you. Bye." I whispered in her ear.

Before I could understand anything, she suddenly pulled me closer and hugged me tight. Her tears did not stop flowing. She buried her face into my chest, making my t-shirt drenched.

I patted her head, trying to comfort her which most probably didn't work.

"I love you too Yunho. Please don't leave me." She sobbed.

I shook my head. Family comes first, I thought and we pulled away from the hug.

"One last thing before I go." I said before grabbing her hair gently and kissing her soft lips.

She was surprised at this sudden gesture but soon kissed back. Our lips met, both of us engaged in the beautiful moment. This was our first and last kiss. We stayed like that for a long time.

"Just. No. Please stay Yunho. Please stay." She mumbled with her hands around my neck, her lips still close to mine.

I distanced a bit slowly stepping back, shaking my head.

"I'm sorry Soph. I love you. Please take care of yourself." I turned around, exiting the apartment and swiftly closed the door, leaving Sophie behind.

Alone.

I could hear her screaming, wanting me to go back but I had no choice. After all, family comes first.

▪️▪️▪️

A/n:

Hey moots! Wishing y'all a very happy new year!💞💞💞
May this year bring happiness and good moments in your life! ❤️✨

Also, please vote and comment! It'll help me improve and understand whether y'all are liking it or not.Come onnnn, don't be a silent reader :(