The Date;;

Sophie's pov :

I woke up and looked at the clock. 10am? Wow, I slept for too long.
Thankfully it was a Sunday.

I hopped out of my bed and checked my phone.
A message from Yunho? At 6am? Does this guy even sleep? I had checked the time when I came back home last night... It was almost 3.

Good Morning Miss.Sophie....Hope you got good rest. Are you fine now?

I smiled and texted him back.

I'm feeling better now. Oh by the way, are you free today? I want to return your jacket.

I waited for a while, staring at the screen. Was I too direct? The phoned buzzed and I saw his reply.

Okay. Decide on a place and time. I'll be there.

He replied formally. I thought for a moment before replying,I chuckled and texted him back.

Alright, let's meet up at The Barn Cafe? At around 1.

He quickly replied with a formal 'Okay.'

Woahhhhhhh...

A date with a handsome dude who saved my life yesterday! I started jumping on my bed, too excited to see him again.

▪️▪️▪️

The Barn Cafe:

Super excited as I was, I reached the venue 20 minutes early. I had worn a yellow frilled frock which was not too bright and just a bracelet. It was like a date for me.

I found a table for two. It was at a perfect spot, just beside a huge glass window, overlooking the busy streets of New York.

Memories of me and Kev, holding hands and happy together came back hitting me like a hurricane. This was our usual spot when we missed classes.

Just how can he dump me just like that? After all these beautiful moments?

I was about to burst in tears when I saw the jacket in my lap. I clutched it hard, fighting back my tears.

No, Soph. You are not going to cry for a douchebag... Are you? Just forget him. You will find someone better.

I was totally lost in thoughts when I saw him coming through the entrance door. This was my first time seeing him in bright daylight.

His hair was dark black. His tall and muscular physique turned around many heads. He was wearing a loose black t-shirt and ripped jeans.
He saw me and quickly came over, smiling.

I smiled back.
"Hi! So, how are you feeling Miss. Sophie?" He asked me, sitting opposite to me.

"Oh hey, hi. Just call me Sophie! And y-yes I'm feeling a lot better after the rest. How are you?"

"I'm good of course, cause I don't get wasted at midnight and walk alone on the streets." He rolled his eyes.
There he goes again. Duh.

"I...Um-What will you have?" I asked him changing the topic.
"Just order whatever you want." He shrugged.
"O-okay." What's up with him? Just a while ago, he greeted me with a big smile and now he acts as if he doesn't care.

As soon as I ordered, I remembered about the jacket in my lap.
"Oh. Here. Take this. Thank you so much for letting me borrow it." I held out the jacket to him.
"Sure."

"Where are you from?" He clearly was not American.
"I'm Korean. But I've been living in America since childhood. What about you?"

"I live in California with my mom, but I shifted here for higher education. My mom is Korean too!" I said excitedly.
"Oh... Cool." his reply was cold. He was not paying attention at all. His eyes were searching for something...or someone.
There was awkward silence for a moment.

Finally I decided to break the silence, "You know what? You look like a kpop idol. I listen to kpop a lot!" I blushed.
He looked surprised and finally chuckled... "Do I? Haha, Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment!"

Thank God he loosened up a bit.

We talked a lot after that.
Actually, he talked a lot. I was just staring at his cute face the whole time. His smile. It was the prettiest smile I've ever seen.

We were almost done with the lunch, when finally I gathered some courage and asked him, "So was this a date or something?"
"Did you want this to be a date?" He smirked.
Woah! That was sudden!
I blushed. I so badly wanted this to be a date.
"I'll take it as a yes. But no, this wasn't a date." Hearing this I pouted.
"I'll treat you next time and that will be our first date. Is that fine?" He smirked, once again.

What!?

The rapid change in his character. When he smirks and when he smiles. It was just too much!
Oh God. I really want to get to know him better... Was all that I could think of.

▪️▪️▪️

"I'll drop you. Get in." he said, opening the door of his sedan.

Just how many cars does this guy own? Last night, it was a different one. I remember. But even this one is black, just like the one I saw last night.

"Woah! Where is Mr. Driver?"
"He had some work. I'll drive. Don't worry, I'm pretty good at driving haha" he said, scratching the back of his head.
"I hooooope." I laughed, teasing him.

Soon,we arrived. We exchanged goodbyes and he promised me that he'll text me soon for our real 'date'

I was excited. I never trust strangers but I could just feel it. He was different. I wanted to be close to him. But still, something about him felt off. My heart said yes but my mind kept saying no.

Foolish me, I decided to listen to my heart.

A/N

Please comment, vote and share! 😭💕
Would mean a lot :(