We;;

Sophie's pov:

"Aaaand it's party time!!" Meghan screamed in my ear, which almost made me spill my coke. "What party?" I questioned looking at Martin who was grinning by now.

"Don't act so clueless...We're done with this semester Soph!! We gotta partyyyyy" Meghan smiled again, throwing her hands in the air. I shushed her noticing all the people staring at us.

"I'm not going to any party, my semester was horrible." I answered.

"Don't be such a party pooper Soph! You have to come!" Martin interrupted, taking a huge bite out of his burger.

"I know right? Come on Soph, let yourself loose now! Besides, the party's on me!" Meghan screamed again, totally excited.

"Wait, what? You're throwing a party?"

She nodded with a big smile on her face.

"You mean it? Is it at your house?" I asked again.

"Yes it is" she replied proudly.

"With your family home? yeah right. Good at lying as always." I rolled my eyes. I knew Meghan never threw house parties. She lived with her parents after all.

"I really am Sophieee... Me and my bro, we both are throwing a common party for all our friends. My parents are out of town for a week hehe" she beamed, flashing her perfect teeth.

"Yeah right. And you have to come... " Martin added.

"Still, I'm not coming. I'm not in the party mood lately, you know exactly why Megs."

"Ohhh Soph, come on! It'll be so much fun!!" Martin said again.

"Exactly! Oh by the way, you're not invited TinTin" Meghan smirked at Martin who rolled his eyes.

"Your brother did invite me though, so I'll be going to his party, not yours" he chuckled.

"Ugh, my bro... he has all the stupid people on this planet as friends gosh" Megs smiled looking at me, gesturing me... no, convincing me to come.

"Alright, when is it?"

"Day after tomorrow...be there by 10... And wear something nice okay? It'll be your birthday that night after all." Megs said with a huge smile on her face.

Right. My birthday was close.

▪️▪️▪️

Two days passed rather quickly. I didn't do anything specific for whole 48 hrs, just lazed around watching numerous unwatched web series and sleeping.

It was boring.
Now that the semester was over, and I wasn't dating anyone, everything felt boring. I rarely had anything to do, nor did I even step out of my apartment.

My phone buzzed. A call from Meghan. I quickly picked it up.

"Yo, what's up Megs."

"Just checking, are you ready yet? Wait let me guess...you still must be munching up on nachos watching Netflix right?" she spoke, hurriedly.

"What? It's just 8 now Megs for god's sake ...I still have two hours to reach your place." I huffed out a sigh.

"YOU HAVE TO LOOK SEXY SOPH, OR I'LL KILL YOU. Don't you dare show up wearing a casual jeans and top! I won't let you in. I'm planning to get you hooked up tonight okay? My bro's friends are really hot, you know?" she whispered the last part. I could actually sense her smirk even though we were talking on the phone.

"Jeez, okay mom. But the hooking up part? A strict NO NO okay? And fine, I'll wear that sexy dress you had gifted me earlier."

"Ohhh...that one..Yesss! That's my gir- fuck no Jason, don't you dare hang it up there! Gosh, my bro is a total jackass. Ugh... okay Soph, got to go right now but please be there..okay?" she hung up immediately.

I lazily got up from the couch, walking over to the bedroom.

Just why is it so hard to get dressed?

I sighed, looking at all the clothes that were stashed in my wardrobe. I had dozens of outfits but I usually wore few specific ones.... Or repeated them for the whole week. Maybe that's why every boy hates me? Maybe I dress up like trash..no. Maybe I don't even put an effort in the way I look and present myself? Damn, I really should try dressing up a bit like Megs. At least for myself. To make myself feel better.

I pulled out the bright red one piece Meghan had gifted me earlier. It was her Christmas gift for me. More like 'I know you don't have sexy dresses so I'll gift you one, using Christmas as an excuse' type of gift.

It had a beautiful shiny lace around the waist area. This was hardly my third time wearing it and even though it was not something I'd usually wear, it somehow looked good on me. Meghan seriously had some good fashion sense.

I wore it, flaunting it and staring myself in the mirror. I actually looked good for once. I smiled in satisfaction.

I put on a little makeup, just some eyeliner and a bright red lipstick which matched the outfit perfectly. I even had the perfect shoes. Once again, I stood in front of the mirror.

It felt different. I looked different. Did I overdo it? Should I just wipe off the makeup?

No. After midnight today, it'll be my day. It's my birthday after all. I deserve a break. I deserve to have fun too.

I smiled at myself before grabbing my purse, calling a cab.

Yes, I'm going to enjoy this night. I said to myself...