Will;;

Sophie's pov:

"Megs, where are you?" I spoke into the phone as soon as she picked it up. "Home." She answered dryly, her voice surprisingly sad unlike her usual, cheerful self.

"What happened Megs? You don't sound alright?" I asked with concern which was followed by a long silence from the other line.

"Megs?" I spoke again, worriedly. "It's... I heard about Martin and Kevin...Soph, I don't know what to think anymore." I heard muffled sobs as she probably must have broken down in tears. I wanted her to tell that but was hesitating about how she'll react but now that she already knows, I felt even worse. "Megs, I'm coming over. I want to hug you right now. Hold up." I hung up and quickly booked a cab, soon on my way to her apartment.

I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go any sooner. She looked pathetic. Her hair messy, her eyes puffy and her eyeliner smeared, lines of dried tears visible running down her cheeks as new tears quickly took their place.

"He always used to tease me and mock me but I never thought he liked me so much. I liked him too Soph! I loved him!" she mumbled as I caressed her hair, gently patting her back.

"I know Megs... He was my best friend too... He was an amazing person." I replied softly.

"This is not true Soph. This can't happen. He'll never run away. He was going to leave all this for me." Meghan spoke, a little bit of confidence in her voice.

"What? What are you saying Megs?" I asked, once again confusion over me. Meghan sighed, as if she was mentally preparing for whatever she was going to say.

"I knew Sophie. I knew that he was involved in drug dealing and shit but he was ready to leave it only to start a new life with me. They... They must've hurt him and I'm going to find them."

I gasped in shock as soon as I heard this.

Meghan knew? For how long? How did she even support him? And who the fuck are 'they'?

"Calm down Megs, I know... we both will find out what happened to them. Don't worry." I assured her, giving her a hug once again. She sobbed in my t shirt, not showing her face even once.

"Yes, we'll find out." She mumbled, her face still buried in my t shirt.

▪️▪️▪️

-TIME SKIP-

▪️▪️▪️

Sophie's pov:

The next semester had started already. Time flies. I had decided to stay on track since day one. I already was on my worst performance last semester and I did not want to risk my career once again this time.

I grabbed my tracings, a sketchbook and micron and started scribbling. The drawing turned out be totally different from what I had imagined. I kept on scribbling, a few more times.

Finally, crushing down the sixth tracing and dumping it in my bin, I slammed my head hard against my drafting table. It had been hours but I couldn't concentrate. This happened to me rarely. But today, it was seriously annoying me.

"Just why am I not able to focus today?" I said to myself, taking a sip of orange juice from my cup. I clasped my hair and even slapped myself lightly, just trying to wake myself up. But this uneasy feeling didn't go away.

I felt uncomfortable, uneasy and worried. I had no idea why I was feeling this way but I knew something was going to happen. Every time this happens to me, it's like a signal of some tragedy that'll happen soon.

I sat there, staring at the street from my window, hoping that this feeling goes away quickly and wishing that it's just a feeling and nothing bad happens, again