Phoenix;;

Sophie's pov:

My heart was shattered into pieces.

Why does everyone leave me?
Yunho left me? But why?
I wiped my tears, trying not to cry again.

I could not think of anything at the moment. I just wanted to talk. Just anyone.

I called up Meghan. "Hi Soph! What's up!?" she answered, her voice cheerful as usual. Thank god at least she was there for me.
I couldn't speak.

"Soph?? Are you fine?" she spoke again.

"Yunho left me Megs. I'm alone once again." Tears welled up in my eyes.

"What!!? Why? Wait, where are you?" she asked, her voice concerned.

"Home." I replied silently.

"Just don't go anywhere, I'll be there in an hour. Bye." She spoke hurriedly and cut the line off. I sighed wiping my tears. I really needed her.

Suddenly, my gaze fell on the jacket lying on the couch. It was Yunho's, I instantly recognized. I frowned.

It was his favorite one at that. Now how was I supposed to give it back after all that had just happened?

After thinking about it for a while, I decided to call Yunho. Maybe I could get a chance to talk to him and we could sort things out? This was my last chance, a good excuse to meet him.

The phone was ringing.

No Answer.

I tried again for a few more times.

"The number you're trying to call is currently unavailable. Please try again later." The lady on the other line spoke in her robotic voice.

"Fuck, he even blocked me now." I threw the phone on the couch. I was angry, frustrated, sad and heartbroken at the same time.

I looked down at the jacket in my hand. "Fuck this shit. He'll come back if he cares." I said to myself and threw it too.

As soon as the jacket fell on the couch, I heard a loud clinking sound of something falling on the floor.

I bent down to check. The metal objected glistened brightly, with shimmering gold. I picked it up to take a closer look.

The handle was beautifully carved, a phoenix carefully engraved on it. The exact same phoenix I had seen at Yunho's place. This phoenix had a small ruby embedded into it as it's eye.

It was a switchblade. A sharp switchblade that had just fallen out from Yunho's jacket. It was golden in colour, probably made of gold or gold plated.

I examined it even more.
Just below the Phoenix, I saw few words in very tiny font. I scrutinized the small print.

Jeong Yunho
23/3/99

It was his birthdate.

"Wow" I gasped, admiring the beauty of the object. I was so mesmerized by its looks that I almost didn't notice the faint red stains in the blade.
I felt my hands tremble as soon as I noticed them.

I knew it was blood. Dried blood.

I immediately kept the switchblade on the table, just staring at it for a long minute.

Just what am I supposed to do? I still need answers from him.

I had his blade, and it looked like it was a very important item for him.

I have his blade.

I smiled. That's it. I have a very important thing that belongs to him.
If he wants it, he has to meet me.

▪️▪️▪️

"Sophieeee, come on! Hurry up and open the door!" Meghan knocked.

I quickly hid the switchblade and the jacket. I did not want to involve her in this. She was innocent.

As soon as I opened the door, Meghan hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. I never realized I needed this so much at the moment.

"Do you want to talk about it Soph?" she asked, with her hands still around me.

"I'll tell you about it in the car. You brought your car right?" I asked.
I had made a plan.

"Yeah. But car? Where are we going? No more bars please, we can go to a café instead for you...."

"We're a going on a long drive." I tried to give her a smile. She looked confused but agreed anyway.

This is my chance, I thought and hurried off to get changed.

▪️▪️▪️

Author's Corner:

San: She called us here but where is sheeee?

Wooyoung: I don't know! Kelly!

Yunho: Let's give her a call?

Seonghwa: okay, hold up. *calls the author*

*out of nowhere, somewhere in the far corner of the room, Kelly's phone starts ringing*

~ 🎶 My heart is beating from me, I'm standing all alone....Please call me only, if you're coming home 🎶 ~

Author: *cuts the call and continues sobbing in the corner*

Hongjoong: Awww there she is! But why is she crying?

Mingi: *goes near* what happenedddddd????

Author: DON'T TOUCH ME, I'M SAD.

Yeosang: As usual...

Jongho: Shhh Yeo hyung, this looks serious! Tell me what happened noona?

Author: THE PERFORMANCE PREVIEW. Just how are y'all so talented!?
*more tears* and why the fuck the song sounds sad even tho you guys look like you're celebrating? AAAAAAHHHH NOOOO it's too beautiful!!

Yeosang: Jeez, I knew it. You fucking made us all worried.

Seonghwa: Okay, but....NO SWEARING IN THIS HOUSEHOLD KELLY AND YEO.

Hongjoong: *chuckles*