Chosen;;

Third person pov:

All the boys gathered in the hall when they heard Sophie was back.

"Hey! Did you get all your stuff?" Hongjoong asked as soon as Sophie returned. She nodded, pointing at the bags she was holding.

"I have to report something sir" John spoke as soon as he saw the leader. "What is it? Did something happen?" San asked doubtfully looking at the expressions on his face.

John narrated the whole incident to the boys which made them gasp. They knew who the three men were, and knowing Chanyeol, they were pretty surprised that he let Sophie get away, alive.

"Did you seriously say that to them!?" Seonghwa asked in pure surprise.

"Ah.... Yes." Sophie replied guiltily, unsure of why everyone was so serious.

"Don't do that ever again. He's a psycho. Thank god you are alive." Seonghwa's tone suddenly changed and he left, leaving Sophie in confusion.

Jongho noticed her and quickly changed the topic. "Don't worry about him. His mood swings are weird." "But the things you told them...did you just tell the Costras that you are now with us? What about your proposal? How are you now gonna work for us as a spy if they already know you're not on their side?"

The room fell silent. Sophie had just ruined all the future plans, Ateez's masterplan to completely destroy their rivals forever. 

"Sophie..." Hongjoong started but before he could get anymore disappointed, Sophie quickly replied, "I know and I'm really very sorry for that. You guys can kick me out right now, I fucked up." She looked sad. A sudden realization hit her and she mentally cursed herself for losing it back then. She should've just stayed quiet and played along.

Yunho's smile dropped as he glanced at his brothers. All of them looked unhappy seeing their plan flopping so hard. He waited for Hongjoong to say something. If he tells Sophie to go back, she had to go back no matter what.

"I see. You basically told our enemy about the plan and how we are going to destroy them. You no longer are fit for your 'proposal' so I should kick you out."  Sophie looked at the ground sadly and nodded as she turned back to the door, already leaving.

"But since you are a very important person for our biggest enemy, I'd be a fool to just let you go. You can no longer work for us as a spy but you still can work with us and avenge your mother. I'm pretty sure your dad will come running to you wherever and whenever you call him, even if he knows you're with us now and that's your biggest power right now." Hongjoong continued and the biggest smile appeared on Yunho's face.

Sophie looked at Hongjoong in disbelief, overjoyed and crying as if she got a second chance at life.

Yunho took Sophie by pure shock when he suddenly stepped forward, pulling her into a tight hug. "Finally, I can hug you now." He whispered which made her smile as she hugged him back. "Me too. I'm happy." She replied.

"Ahem...well, you guys can continue that later but first let me show you your room." Yeosang interrupted, which made them pull away from each other.

"Yeah. Right." Sophie replied slyly, a soft blush on her face.

"Oh! But before that... I officially welcome you to our family Soph! I can still call you Soph, right?" Wooyoung screamed in his usual loud voice, beaming like a maniac.

"Of course!!" Sophie tried to reply with the same enthusiasm. "Yayyyy! We finally get a girl member!" San clapped his hands, as Jongho laughed at his childish behavior.

"Yes. I officially welcome you Sophie! Welcome to our family! You are now a part of us." Hongjoong declared with a smile.

Sophie felt a number of emotions- warmth, happiness, loved. She finally was going to experience the true meaning of a family.

"Thank you so much. I'll never forget this favor." A tear slipped off her eyes as she quickly wiped it off.

"Hey, what favor? Family members don't owe anyone anything!" Mingi clarified at which she nodded.

"Okay now, give me those bags. Gosh...aghhhh they're so fucking heavy!" Yeosang dropped one of the bags as he tried to carry them. Jongho shook his head in disgust.

"You need to work out more hyung." He replied picking it up.

"Yeah whatever. At least I spend my time using my creativity unlike you Choi Jongho." Yeosang rolled his eyes which made Jongho frown.

"I spend my time in gym so that I can save your weak ass hyung!" he replied which made Yeosang punch him instantly.

Yunho looked at Sophie who was trying to suppress her laughter, looking at the two boys quarreling.

"You can laugh loudly Soph. You'll get to see this almost every day." Yunho smiled at her as he proceeded to intervene and stop them.

Sophie smiled back. She had never laughed like this for weeks.