Mental Ward (hallucifer)

In which Sam is locked in a mental hospital, sharing his body with Lucifer.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

When Dean entered the room, he immediately something was off. The man standing in front of him still wasn't Sam, he could tell it from one look now.

Sam has been locked up in the ICU for two years, now suffering from a violent multiple personality disorder.

The man standing in front of Dean wasn't Sam. Dean could tell it by the way he was towering over him, fully taking advantage of his height, or by the look on his face.

By that smile he had that didn't reach his eyes, like the whole world was only a big joke. Or by his cold, dark eyes, that made him look like he was mad at the world. Dean despised this man. This wasn't his Sammy. This was Lucifer, but Dean didn't know that yet.

Lucifer saw Dean try to leave the room, and had an other smile that yet again didn't reach his eyes, a cruel one. Dean suddenly found himself pinned against the wall with apparently nothing holding him, Lucifer only smiling at him. Good thing this wing of the hospital didn't have security cameras inside the rooms.

"Come on Dean-O," Lucifer said, in a childish voice, "why are you leaving already? We didn't even talk!"

Lucifer's voice was now low, almost a growl as he stood inches from Dean's face.

"You know what you did to Sam. That's why I'm here in the first place. You hurt him, you let him down too many times to count. That's why he called to me. That's why as soon as we get out of here, I won't let you touch him unless you apologize. You were the one to break him down, put him in here, now live with the consequences."

While he was talking, Lucifer's voice didn't quite sound like Sam's. It was cold, deprived of any emotion except anger and, but Dean thought it could as well have been an illusion, sounded protective, almost caring. For Sam, of course.

The invisible grasp let go of Dean, who spun out of the room, locking the door behind him. He wanted to go as far away as possible, to run from what his brother has become. At the same time, he didn't want to get away from his brother.

During his ride home, he thought of what not-Sam had told him. If he was indeed an other personality created by Sam, he knew everything about Sam which meant he was right about how he hurt his little brother. When did he ever hurt Sam?

He also couldn't wrap his mind around the way he was held back against the wall. He didn't feel any rope or other thing that could've explained how he got in the air like that.

~~

In his room, Sam was back to normal. In the back of his head, Lucifer was still there, talking to him. Sam was grateful of Lucifer for keeping him company and protecting him when needed. He could see in Lucifer's mind that the angel only wanted him to be happy, and Dean had indeed wronged Sam in many ways.