When Your Cat Isn't A Cat (michifer)

Ok so I did a human to cat now here's the cat to human. (Michael's the cat again)(I like cat Mickey)

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Perhaps you could get a dog? It might, while not being a human, help you to cope, to channel your emotions, make you feel less lonely," the therapist said. Lucifer hated the therapies, but they helped him, to he continued.

"I prefer cats."

"Then you could get a cat."

Lucifer nodded and went out of the room, making a mental note to make sure he'd buy everything he needed for a cat. Now that she brought it up, Lucifer did feel lonely.

The day after he made the stores to find all that he needed, then went to the pet shop. He went straight to the cat's section, not giving a look to other animals.

After a moment, he found a cage slightly apart from the others. Curious, he went to see the cat that was very probably inside. There were two. One was black, it's fur short and it's eyes piercing blue. The sheet said he was called Castiel. He was sitting straight at the back of the cage, staring at Lucifer.

The other one had a semi-long black fur, with a white spot around it's left eye and it's right ear was white too. It's eyes were also blue, but a darker shade. He was called Michael and was crouched in a corner, also staring at Lucifer.

When Lucifer passed his hand in the cage, Castiel stayed staring at him while Michael slowly walked towards him, finally putting his paw in Lucifer's hand.

That was the cue for the employee that guided Lucifer to come back, a surprised look on his face when he saw that the cat was accepting Lucifer.

Balthazar, as he was called, explained to Lucifer how Michael usually clawed anyone who tried to approach him.

"If you can get him out of his cage without being clawed at, he's all yours."

About an hour later, Lucifer was home with a cat called Michael. Weird name for a cat, but he wasn't gonna change it.

The next months went fairly well, Michael adapted quickly to his new house and it really helped Lucifer to have someone to talk to that wouldn't juge him.

Eight months exactly after he bought Michael, he came home early. He was graphic designer for the series Unnatural and also created some of the monsters. That day, he was only doing finishing, and got the permission to leave.

When he came back, Michael wasn't already at the door to greet him, which was weird because his cat always did that. He walked around, trying to find Michael.

Instead, he found sitting on his bed a very hot human being. The man was barefoot, he wore pale blue jeans, the three first buttons of his black button-up were undone, his powder-blue tie loose. Around his neck was a short chain necklace with a round pendant that said 'Michael'. He was sitting with his legs crisscrossed, playing with a small rope. His short black hair was messy, his eyes were of a dark blue and around the left one, there was a whiter patch of skin. But most of all, on his head were two cat ears: the left one black and the right one white, behind him a tail whipped slowly.

When he heard Lucifer step in, the man raised his head, a slight blush on his face despite his smirk. "Hey Lucifer, I didn't expect you to be home early," he said, as he had known Lucifer for a long time.

"Who are you?" Lucifer asked. "Or... or rather, what are you?" He wasn't that much afraid, he thought that the man was familiar, without knowing why.

"Um, my name's Michael, I'm... kinda your cat?" he said, scrunching his face in a really cute way.

"What?"

"Well I'm a Neko, a man-cat, so yeah, I have to be human sometimes, usually I change when you're at work but today you're like, two hours early so I kinda didn't see it coming. I'm still your cat though, just... not a cat. There are Inu ( I call them Inu 'cause it's a Japanese word used to talk designate dogs) too, they're dogs, but it's a similar fashion."

Lucifer frowned. "Don't say that you're my cat, it sound like you're my slave or something."

"Well, I am the cat Michael. The cat Michael is me."

"You're not my cat," Lucifer replied. "you're my friend."

Michael raised an eyebrow. "Huh." Though he tried to look disinterested, he was slightly blushing, a smile menacing to creep it's way on his lips, but Lucifer didn't know that. He resumed playing with the string, not noticing Lucifer's eyes had suddenly lit up and that he had rushed out of the room.

A few moments later Lucifer came back with his notebook and what he needed to draw. And about an hour later, he was faced with what he deemed a decent drawing for something made in a rush. It was a portrait of Michael as was sitting there, the word 'Neko' scrambled above. He had his new monster for Unnatural.

Suddenly, a bubble popped in Lucifer's brain. "Have you ever watched Sherlock?" Lucifer didn't recall any moment he was watching Sherlock with Michael. When he was a cat, of course.

"No..."

Lucifer took Michael's arm, dragging him to the living room and setting the show on. When Lucifer sat, Michael cuddled in his side, purring softly when Lucifer started to play with his hair. Lucifer smiled at that. Michael was purring like a cat. Would he be distracted by a laser?

He shook these thoughts out of his head and concentrated on Sherlock, but he often sneaked glances at Michael, who was still purring against his side. In all honesty, Lucifer found it absolutely adorable. Even for a guy who turns out to've been his cat all along.