Did You Say... Cat? (Michifer)

In which Michael is basically a cat.

(I saw a prinxiety where Virgil is almost the human embodiment of a cat and is was just so goddamn cute I had to make a Michifer one)

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Michael woke up and felt like purring. Then he started to stress out because of what that meant. Then he remembered it was his 21st birthday. Then he freaked out internally even more because of what it actually meant. Then Lucifer cuddled closer and he melted into the embrace, trying not to purr. And failing miserably when Lucifer, not wanting to wake up, buried his face in Michael's neck.

Thankfully, Michael's soft purring didn't wake Lucifer up and Michael was able to get up. But there was another problem.

They had a fish. I know. A fish. Michael stood staring at the fish for a good five minutes until Lucifer joined him and distracted him.

The day passed like that, Michael trying not to act like a cat all day. It was quite hard, for example sometimes when a knife or Lucifer's watch would reflect on a wall while they were eating. Or more importantly not to purr whenever Lucifer messed up his hair.

At the end of the day, Michael was downright exhausted, but he didn't want to go to sleep. Eventually though, and against his will, he fell asleep.

He woke up feeling way smaller and knew what happened to him. God, he hated this stupid thing. He jumped out of the bed, patting to a mirror to find out what he looked like.

His fur was short, black with white socks and a white spot around his left eye. Yup, Michael was a cat. Now he just had to find a way not to be seen by Lucifer for the whole day.

Unfortunately, Lucifer chose this exact moment to show up in the bathroom, freezing when he saw Michael.

"What are you doing here, buddy?" he asked Michael, scooping him up. It was weird, being small enough to fit in Lucifer's arms, and he could only meow in response.

When Lucifer went to put him out Michael went out of his way to get free of him and not to be left outside. He hid under the sofa, staring angrily at Lucifer.

Slowly, as Lucifer went on with his morning, Michael went out, jumping on the couch. Using a claw, he managed to maneuver the remote so that his favourite show was playing.

Intrigued by the sound of the TV, Lucifer went to see why it was open and found the cat sitting on the couch, looking at Michael's favourite show. Giving up on trying to put the cat away, Lucifer sat next to it, wondering where was Michael gone.

He looked over at the cat, who was staring at the screen. "You're a weird cat, you know that?"

The cat, if it was only possible, bitch-faced him and answered with a soft hiss. What Michael had been wanting to say was 'I'm not a cat, dumbass', but well, he couldn't talk.

Lucifer went up to pee and unexpectedly, Michael shifted back to a human. He was confused by it, first transformations were supposed to last at least a full day and be uncontrollable.

He passed a hand in his hair. Shit. He may have been back as a human, but he still had cat ears. And, after further inspection, a tail, batting slowly beside him. He groaned, not wanting to have to explain it to his boyfriend. Who was coincidently coming back into the living room.

Lucifer froze when he saw Michael. "Mickey-"

"Yeah?"

"You have-"

"Yeah."

"Why are you-"

"Did the cat not remind you of someone?"

"You were-"

"Yeah." Michael's tail started to bat faster, showing his irritation. "I'm a cat, get over it, now will you sit down so we can cuddle?"

Lucifer nodded slowly, sitting down. Michael instantly pressed himself against Lucifer's side, purring contently when Lucifer started to play with his hair. It made Lucifer chuckle slightly, but he said nothing about it, finding it downright adorable.

Lucifer took surprisingly little time to wrap his head around the fact that his boyfriend was basically a cat, honestly
he was just having fun with the fact that Michael would always play with a laser or a string.

Fuck it, I'mma do both. Here you have a human-to-cat, I'll also do a cat-to-human, 'cause those are also hilarious.