Isn't It Funny? (michifer)

Saw a prompt and thought it would be nice.

Villain!luci hero!mickey

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Michael dodged another attack, trying to find an opening.

Why were they fighting again? He couldn't really remember. It was always the same thing: his nemesis, the Devil, would do something and they would end up fighting.

As he swiftly turned to avoid a punch, he saw an opening. He took the opportunity, lunging forward. He really thought Devil would've been able to counter it.

He hadn't meant for his knife to pierce Devil's lung.

Lucifer stumbled back in shock, his hand wrapping around the handle of the knife stuck in his chest.

He looked down to it, then up at Michael, and smiled.

"Isn't it funny?" he asked, seeing the horrified look on the hero's face. "Isn't it funny how I've only ever targeted you? Isn't it funny how all other threats to your safety disappear?" He coughed, blood dropping rom his mouth. "Isn't it funny how I never hurt you more than you can recover?" He fell on his knees, always smiling. "Isn't it funny how you always win?" He coughed up blood again. "Isn't it funny how oblivious you are?" he finally added, his voice weak.

Michael frantically shook his head, leaping towards him.

"No, no no no no, it can't- I don't-" Michael stuttered. What was happening to him? Why was he feeling so weird? He should be happy that Devil is dying, right?

"Isn't it funny how- deep down, you- don't want me- dead," Lucifer whispered, coughs cutting his words.

Michael laid him down, his mind too panicked to think. What was happening?!

Lucifer took Michael's hands in his own, placing them over the wound. "Think. Do you want me dead?" he breathed out.

Michael understood but was too fazed to do anything. Did he really want to save his nemesis?

Yes.

"But it's too deep, I won't be able to-"

"Do you want..."

"Yes."

"Then you can."

Michael nodded, his hands glowing white as he slowly took the knife out of Lucifer's flesh. Ever so slowly, the would closed itself, leaving nothing but a faint scar.

The amount of energy Michael had used to accomplish this was so big he passed away, while Lucifer painfully sat up, looking at him with a tender smile.

"The things you would do..."

A few minutes later the police came and took him in, bringing Michael to the hospital.

Lucifer was pained that Michael had to do that in order to save him, but he was also glad that he did. It proved at least that Michael had a heart.