Dangerous Past (michifer)

In which Michael was an assassin and Lucifer was a hitman, but they ran away from the life.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Lucifer took aim. It hasn't been easy to corner his target, but now he had him just as he walked out of his work.

Michael Winchester. 25 years old- one year older than him- works at a tattoo shop.
Has two siblings, one being dead, his parents also killed.
Loner type, single, hangs often at bars.

On top of his roof, Lucifer looks at Michael walk out of the shop and freezes for a moment, stunned. The guy was so hot Lucifer'd like to bang him at least once before killing him. He had messy black hair, a perfect face and was covered in tattoos. Beauty itself, at least for Lucifer.

No, he can't think about that, that man was his target. He took aim again, trying to suppress his thoughts. What did this guy to be on the Angel's radar? Just take your shot, Lucifer.

But it's already too late. Michael had gotten in his car- a really nice Chevy Impala '67- and rolled away. Swearing, Lucifer picked up his stuff and went back down, realizing he could never kill that guy. He'd be dead first. So that night, Lucifer doesn't show up at the Demons' base. Instead, he goes back to his house and tries to find a way to get contact with that Michael guy.

~~

Lucifer had finally found Michael at the bar he used to go, only slightly tipsy. They talked for a bit, and by talking I mean flirting, which ended up with them taking each other's clothes off in Michael's bedroom. Strangely, the fingerless biking glove Michael wore on his right hand was the last item he took off, but Lucifer was already too engrossed in the moment to notice what Michael was hiding.

After that night there was many more, but not all of them ended up in a bed. Actually, there was way less sex than only talking, and after a while the two confessed their feelings. Little did Michael know that Lucifer was hiding his past.

Little did Lucifer know Michael was hiding his past.

In fact, Michael wore that glove for a good reason: on that hand was the burned mark of the Angels. Michael was a runaway. After the Angels forced him to kill his brother Dean, then his boyfriend Adam(not related to the Winchesters), Michael ran away.

Now he had a new boyfriend, a new start in life, and he wasn't gonna screw that up by revealing his past. That was the reason he always wore his glove, from the moment he woke up to the moment he went to sleep.

Of course, with time, Lucifer got suspicious. Why was Michael always wearing that glove? What was he hiding? Was his hand severally damaged or something? Lucifer figured Michael had something to hide, and he wanted to know what.

At the same time, Michael sometimes saw the hint of a tattoo on Lucifer's lower back. What did it mean? Why was it always hidden, like Lucifer wanted to keep Michael from seeing it?

A year after they met, Lucifer finally had the guts to ask that fateful question: "Mickey, why do you always have that glove?"

Michael's reaction was to turn away, shaking his head. The good mood he was in immediately darkened. "It's nothing."

"It's not nothing, Mike, you literally wear it every hour of the day!"

Michael sighed, passing a hand in his hair. "I really don't want to talk about it, and to be fair I don't think you wanna know."

"What? What it is? Is your hand burned or something?"

"You can say that," Michael said, and the discussion was closed. It was clear he didn't want to hear about it anymore.

But Lucifer was a persistant little shit. He pestered Michael until the black-haired man broke.

"You want to fucking know? Alright!" and he threw his glove away, revealing the burnt shape of wings surrounded by three halos.

Lucifer's eyes widened in surprise and he took a few steps back. What did it mean? He had never seen that sign before. But after all, he was only a hitman.

"Fucking happy now? You know, I could ask you the very same question. What's that tattoo on your back?" Michael spat, not caring he was being rude, because he was certain Lucifer would kick him out now that he knew Michael's identity.

Lucifer froze. Michael knew about it? How could he, Lucifer has been so careful! Now he understood Michael's rection, and decided to give up. Maybe Michael would hate him less if he showed it now.

Lucifer turned around and lifted his shirt, enough for a tattoo to appear. It was one of a flame, but in it was a weird shape, like a seven but with two little bars that didn't reach the main line.

Michael only frowned, recognizing that symbol. It was the Demons' sign, their Mark of Cain surrounded with fire. Then he bursted in a bitter laugh, startling Lucifer.

"What are you laughing at?" Lucifer asked, not knowing if he should be offended.

Michael's replie came in a dark tone. "We're runaways from our criminal gang trying to hide our past from the other who's a runaway from his gang and trying to hide his past. You didn't recognize that sign on my hand, it's the Angels' mark. The three halos made me an Archangel."

"Wow," Lucifer said. "Just, wow. Well, we're both the same, we both killed and we both tried to stop by running away-"

"Emphasis on the tried," Michael cut him. "I joined because I had an itching to kill, and if I didn't do it I'd kill myself. Even now I still have the itch. Trust me, it's only a matter of time."

"Then that gives me one more reason to stay. I won't push you away Mike, as I said we're the same. You were the anchor I needed to start a new life, and I can't let you go now. As much as you hate yourself, I don't hate you. Heck, you're the only person I ever loved in my entire life, I'm not gonna let that go away because you've got the same past as me. Or almost."

Michael still kept his head down, not wanting to look at Lucifer. Why would he stay with a buy who has killed his own family? After all, after his secrets and his outburst and his past, Lucifer still loved him. Lucifer, who was the closest to understand what he went trough. "I'm sorry, I just- I freaked out."

Lucifer walked up to Michael, lifting his chin with his finger so that Michael was looking at him. "And it's normal you did. But I won't give up on you, Michael." And with that, Lucifer pressed a short but meaningful kiss on Michael's lips, like a promise that everything will be alright.