Outburst (michifer)

So, this is an AU but it kind of isn't? Look they're still angels and there's Chuck and all that but like, the series didn't really happen? It's hard to explain just read it.

(It takes place shortly after Hammer of Gods or whatever Luce just killed Gaybe so...)

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Lucifer stood there alone, staring at Gabriel. Oh, how he wished it didn't had to come down like that... Now his favourite brother was dead- wait no, his second favourite brother was dead. And by his hand nonetheless!

Sighing one last time, he flew away, making sure that Gabriel's body would never be rotten. He appeared in Stull Cemetery, where he would have to fight Michael to the death. He looked around at the cemetery lightened by the dull light of the sun starting to rise.

"Thanks dad you're alive," he heard from behind him. The voice wasn't familiar (ha!) but the aura with it was.

"Why do you care," he replied, turning around to see Michael's new vessel. His brother now had black hair and sharp blue eyes. Not unpleasant, if Lucifer could say, but he still preferred his Grace to any physical appearance.

"Because you're my brother?" Michael answered, sounding unsure of what to say.

"No, don't give me that bullshit. Why do you care? Last time you did- oh, wait, you threw me in the cage."

Michael seemed to do great efforts to keep his calm and Lucifer enjoyed that. He wanted to see how much it would take to make the usually stone faced archangel break, though there was a small part of him that wanted to apologize.

"Why are you here now? It isn't time for us to fight yet. I never thought you'd act so low, trying to take me by the feels before killing me." Lucifer smirked at Michael's attempts to stay calm. "So I must ask, why are you really here?"

The response took Lucifer in complete surprise. "Because I fucking love you, is that so hard to tell?" Michael yelled. "Because I just want to screw you into oblivion! Ever since we were damn kids I loved you, I tried to ask Chuck about it, you know what he said? 'You'll understand later'. How is that supposed to fucking help me?! Every damn time I thought about you in the cage I wanted to kill myself! How in Heaven or Hell could you know that?! Oh yeah, you didn't. You just assumed I hated you and that's why I threw you in the Cage! How about I didn't want to fucking kill you, is that a valid excuse?!"

Michael then turned around, trying to stop his body from shaking, the tears from spilling, trying to calm his fast breathing and regain control over his emotions while Lucifer stared at his back, shocked.

He was awestruck not only by what Michael had said, but by how he had said it. Never in his whole existence had Michael swore and now he had done it six times in a row? He almost never yelled and yet he had screamed most of it? It completely destroyed the image of Michael Lucifer had, a perfect little soldier.

"You-" was the only thing Lucifer was able to say.

"I'm sorry," Michael spoke up. "I usually don't blow up like that. It's just that- you've always been different. I've never felt emotions- except for you. And I've been bottling it up for so long-" Michael's voice cracked. "And hearing you like that, I- I couldn't."

Lucifer finally recovered from his haze and threw himself at Michael, kissing him hard. To Lucifer's surprise, because he thought that Michael would be awkward with a human thing like that, Michael automatically kissed back, his wings wrapping themselves around Lucifer.

When they parted away they just stayed like that, holding each other close in fear of breaking the bliss of the moment.

"Mike?" Lucifer whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you so comfortable in your vessel?" Lucifer asked. It was a genuine question, angels usually didn't completely act like humans, but somehow Michael did.

"I couldn't stand you being remembered as a monster and an abomination, so I left. I hopped from vessel to vessel, not caring if they only lasted me a week or the body trail I left behind. I wished... if I was in a vessel for long enough, I'd become one with it and be a human."

"And die as a human."

"Yes. Better die than fight you or live with the thought of having doomed you to a place worst than Hell."

Lucifer nodded, unable to hold back the tears that slowly spilled down his face. Michael was here, Michael loved him, Michael was sorry for what he had done... Michael couldn't live with the thought of killing him.

Liked it? I built it around only one sentence, lemme tell you I had a hard time but I really wanted to have it. Three guesses on what that sentence was?