When In Fear (michifer)

I really don't know how to describe this...
Remember Ariana Dumbledore? Yeah, that's similar... kinda, it's hard to explain, just read it.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Michael was trying to make sense of it. The blood... he just couldn't find a logic to it and that scared him. He was deep in his thoughts when he heard the front door open, downstairs. Two pair of footsteps followed.

Carefully, he stepped down the stairs, ready to fight whoever was there. No one was supposed to know where he lived, how could they be there?

He met the first one in the living room. The man hadn't seen him and Michael approached him with his back against the wall, just to make sure no one would come by behind.

And it happened again, except this time he saw it. Michael watched as he zapped in front of the man, he felt the ecstasy when he ripped the man's heart off. Terrified of himself, Michael took control of his body again and stumbled back, crumbling against the wall.

So that was what he did all this time, when he woke up with a bloodied hand and mouth. He killed all those people, he ate- he couldn't live with himself.

Lucifer walked in the living room, stunned by what was before his eyes. His friend Gabriel dead on the ground, a hole in his chest, his half-eaten heart laying close and what was probably the assailant, judging by the blood on his hand, in a ball on the ground, sobs racking his body.

Frowning, Lucifer approached the sobbing boy, only to be deflected to the other side of the room by a power wave. During the instant just before he was thrown back, Lucifer could've sworn he had seen something taking Michael's place.

Deciding to take a more careful approach, Lucifer went to a safe distance of the powerful boy.

"Why did you do it?" he growled. Lucifer reckoned it was maybe not the smartest move, but that kid had killed his best friend.

"I- I didn't- it wasn't- I- please," the Michael stammered. Seeing Lucifer's menacing glare, he whimpered and cowered further away, trying to stop the memories from blowing him up.

"Why did you do it, monster? Why did you do all of it?" Lucifer pressed. He was supposed he believe that this was the thing that killed all these people?

That was Michael's breaking point.

"I never asked to be the villain!" he yelled, leaping to his feet. In the space of a second, he had changed.

His black hair was moving to an inexistent wind, his blue eyes now shining of a bright golden, all his features had sharpened and his skin paled. But most impressively, two glass-like wings sprouted from his back, traveled by waves of black, two red horns on the top of his head to complete it all. From boy he had became beast.

"I never asked to kill all those people, I didn't even know I was doing it!" Calming down, Michael turned back to his normal appearance, from beast to man. Now that Lucifer had a better look, the 'boy' seemed more in his early twenties.

Realizing what he just did, Michael was projected back into his childhood and stepped back in horror, folding himself again in a tight ball on the ground.

"Don't hurt me, please don't hurt me," he repeated over and over again, often stumbling over his words.

Lucifer sighed. For a killer, this guy wasn't very intimidating. He crouched in front of the man, adopting an open position to avoid scaring him more.

"What's your name?" he asked, as nicely as he could addressing the person who killed his best friend.

"Michael." It came out as barely a whisper.

"How old are you?"

"22."

"Why did you kill them?"

"I didn't."

"Then how-"

"It wasn't me," Michael said, louder than before. "I black out and then- then I wake up with no memory."

Lucifer groaned and suddenly stood up. How was he supposed to kill this guy? He had done nothing wrong, he was just paranoid and probably had an overly tragic backstory! Wait...

He glanced back at Michael, who had been scared by his reaction and was visibly on the verge of tears, staring into nothing.

"Look at you, what have they done to you, Michael?" he said softly for himself.

"They killed my parents," Michael started and it took Lucifer some time before realizing Michael was answering his question. "Killed my parents in front of me. They- killed them, like I do. They took me- it hurt, and they wanted to train me. They hit me. I was scared. I wouldn't obey. They put me in a cell- cold, dark, scary. And I had enough. I just- it broke down. All of it. Just broke apart. The whole thing. Killed everyone but me. Don't let them take me again." As he spoke Michael's pace got faster, almost unintelligible, until he spoke the last sentence in a slower, weaker voice.

That made Lucifer think back to what happened a few years ago, coincidentally about the same time the killing started. A whole wing of the castle had crumpled on itself, leaving no known survivors. Could it be?

"Alright, Michael?" Lucifer said to get Michael's attention, catching his blue eyes with his own. "I won't let them get you. Calm down. I won't kill you. They won't get to you, you understand me?"

Michael nodded, calming down slightly. They heard a gasp behind them, then coughing. Lucifer turned around, meeting Gabriel's golden eyes that were asking 'what the hell is going on?'

For some reason I really like this one, I have no idea why but I think it's really nice. It makes my think of something but I can't quite place it.