Body Swap (michifer)

This is less of a Michifer chapitre and more of the classic 'the outgoing extrovert and the quiet introvert swap bodies' trope.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Hey Michael, I have an awesome idea!" Lucifer yelled, barging in Michael's room.

"What?" Michael replied monotonously. Lucifer's ideas were never good and he had disturbed him from reading.

"We should swap bodies for a day! I'm you and you're me, see the others' reaction!"

Michael sighed, pinching his nose between his fingers. He could never say no to Lucifer. "Fine."

"Awesome!" Lucifer was still yelling in Michael's ear. "So tonight, meet me at midnight in my room, I already have the formula and everything!"

"We share a room, Lucifer, you aren't part of the family."

"Whatever, they like me anyways because I'm awesome!"

Michael sighed, again. "Great, now could you please go away?" he asked, turning back to his book. "And I thought France had been your worst day," he added under his breath.

"I can't believe I'm in love with that smug dick," Lucifer grumbled to himself, but sadly Michael heard it.

"I can't believe I'm in love with that pretentious bastard," Michael replied.

~~PoV of the rest of the world~~

The next morning, the Novak family was fairly concerned to see Lucifer get up early, eat his breakfast and go back in his room without a single word except greetings.

They were even more concerned when Michael came sliding down the stairs with an amount of energy that could only be compared to Lucifer's, on his good days, talking obnoxiously loud and picking at his siblings as if it were the most natural thing to do.

Castiel was chosen to go check on Lucifer, see if everything was fine with him. He found Lucifer sitting on Michael's bed, watching something on his laptop with an unreadable expression.

"Lucifer," Castiel whispered, "are you alright?"

Lucifer looked up at Castiel, a strange look on his face. A mix of love, care and- amusement?

"Of course I'm alright Cassie," Lucifer softly replied, completely throwing Castiel off guards.

"Okay, well, if you ever need something I'm here," Castiel stuttered, unsure of what to do, then closed the door again.

Then he went to find Michael, who was in front of the tv playing Mario Cart with Gabriel, shouting at each other as they battled for the first place.

Gabriel was visibly happy that he got to play like that with his brother, usually being able to do so only with Lucifer.

But then it got worst. Lucifer just stayed in Michael's room all day long, only coming down to eat and when he was called.

Michael, him... well, he dyed Anna's hair blue, threw paper balls at Chuck and started a prank war with Gabriel, all in just the morning.

Everyone had picked on the pair's strange behaviour, as every sibling came into Lucifer's room at least once to ask him if he was okay.

That little shit would respond that he was fine, the neutral look on his face contrasted by a smirk that he tried to hide each time.

And Michael... is was the absolute contrary. He had became the absolute nightmare of any parent, always running around, pranking, talking obnoxiously loud and claiming how awesome he was. Sometimes he even did so in a thick german-like accent, it was really weird.

What the family hadn't picked up on, however, was how similar the two were acting to how they should usually act, only they were in the wrong body.

One time, after lunch, as Michael was screaming to anyone how awesome he was, Lucifer had been heard yelling through the wall: "Hey, Prussia! Keep it down, I'm trying to read here!"

"The awesome me me is too awesome for you and I will not, so shut your mouth, you potato-loving bastard!" Michael shot back in the same accent as before, though for the last part of the sentence he slipped into an exaggerated Italian one.

"Romano's coming back, L-Mickey," Lucifer replied, sounding just as bored at before, if not a little amused.

Only after that he stopped saying he was awesome to everyone and came back to his more 'usual' personality. Well, if by usual you mean making a joke out of everything and still said he was awesome. But he yelled it now. Well, actually it made no difference.

At one point in the afternoon the Novak had had enough and called Charlie and the Winchesters, looking for an explanation from them.

Sadly, neither of them was able to provide a valid one. But they stuck around for the rest of the day, enabling the Novak to forget a little about Lucifer's strange behaviour. Michael's though, there was no hiding from it. He was always waiting behind a door to yell at people.

They were all relieved as night finally came, when Michael finally went to sleep and couldn't yell at anyone how awesome he was anymore.

The next day, things were back to normal. Michael was his usual introvert self, Lucifer was his usual annoying self. Nobody understood what had happened that day. Well, nobody except Michael and Lucifer who, when they got married, finally explained it to everyone.

Okay, Hetalia is really taking over my life. Well, too bad, I like it.