Superhero pt. 2

"Michael, I'm so sorry," Lucifer said, looking at the ground. He felt really bad for reserving that treatment to his boyfriend. "If I had known-"

"If you'd known, would you've stopped to be the Devil?" Michael's voice was low, quivering, and he was staring in the void of some troubling memory.

"No, but I would've stopped to harm you."

Michael vaguely nodded, still trapped in his afraid stare.

"Michael, I don't want to- it's okay if you don't answer, but- what was it with your reaction to what you were hearing in the other room?" Michael seemed to snap out of his trance and shot a fearful glance to Lucifer. "It's ok if you don't want to say it, I just-"

"No, I have to get it out anyways." Michael's voice was still low, but had regained a seeming of consistance. "When I was young, well, my family never liked me because of my wings. I wasn't able to hide them at the time. My family pretty much ignored me my entire life, but my father in particular was the worst.

"As far as I can remember, he never touched me or talked to me if not to beat me up or insult me. And when I hit 13, he- he added another thing. If not to beat me up, he touched me to take advantage of me. To use me. And soon-" Michael's voice cracked. "Soon he rented me to his friend. I was the sex toy by excellence.

"When I was 18 I had managed to get me a job and a flat. I left, and my father was the first one I reported to the police for child abuse. I won the trial. Then came all his friends and I realized that's what I wanted to do with life." When he finished his story, tears were rolling on Michael's face. Lucifer opened his arms and Michael gladly threw himself at him, trapping Lucifer in a tight hug.

"That's horrible," Lucifer said, his voice filled with anger and hatred. "How could he do that go you, he's your father for God's sake!" Then, in a calmer and soothing tone "Is that why you were so jumpy when I met you? Why any touch would make you flinch?" Michael nodded, his face buried in the crook of Lucifer's neck. "You're a true superhero, Mike." Michael pulled away and frowned.

"Why?"

"Because with all the shit you've been trough, you didn't turn out like your father or his odious friends. Despite everything, you took it and created good out of it, and got over it with only an uneasiness at the touch. You're strong, stronger than me even. Me, I took the shit that happened to me as a motive to do bad things."

Michael nodded and smiled, hugging Lucifer again. "Say, we work together. I arrest the bad guys and you kill those I can't catch or who got away with it. What do you think?"

Lucifer smiled and pressed a kiss on Michael's temple. "You're a genius, you know that? Now let's go home and cuddle for the night, you alright with that?"

Michael hesitated a moment, then nodded. He really wanted to get over his flinching reflex when someone touched him, even if it was only a hand on the shoulder. He wanted out, and more than that he wanted to be happy with Lucifer without his memories popping randomly. Everything had a start, and he had to admit that with everything that had happened in the last two days he really just wanted to hug someone and to feel wanted, and that was just what Lucifer proposed. How could he say no?