Forty Two

Warren held the steering wheel as if it was precious gold. Both of them sat stiff and nervous as they drove to an unknown restaurant to meet two people who she really didn't know.

Pomelia was stumbling and fumbling through life. She really didn't know what was going on. What to do, what to say. She was trying to rely on her heart and not her mind and teachings. The teachings of Artemis always, always were the first or second thought she would automatically go to when trying to make decisions. Now she was trying to use her heart.

Her heart told her to slowly start forgiving Warren. To give him a second chance, to understand that everyone made mistakes. Even if Warren made a thousand more than the average person. He showed remorse, and he was getting help. Plus...she loved him. She didn't know if it made her a fool or not, but she couldn't help it.

"You look worried...It's going to be okay."

His large, warm hand engulfed her smaller one. She felt comforted. She always felt comforted when War held her hand.

"So your name is Peter?" She questioned as her legs fidgeted from her nervousness. She couldn't stop moving.

Warren chuckled, squeezing her hand lightly. "It's from human comics."

Comics? Humans? Pomelia really didn't know much about humans and didn't wish to know that much. The sisters taught them that humans were bad for the world but everyone had to coexist.

"What does that mean?"

"A superhero named Spider-Man...his human name was Peter Parker. I like him." Pomelia tucked that into her mind. Peter Parker who was a spider, her mate liked. She didn't know much of what Warren liked or disliked. She would definitely have to ask him more about it.

Pomelia frowned. "So he turns from a spider to a man? Like we shift from human to wolf?"

Her mate laughed and Pomelia couldn't help the smile that graced her lips. "I'll show you the movie." The spider man had a movie? For some reason she was nervous to watch. She didn't really like spiders...

"As long as it isn't scary," she told him as she felt as if a spider was crawling on her hand. She shrieked and looked down to see that it was her mates hand. "War! Don't do that!" She laughed while playfully slapping his hand.

"I just want you to relax," he told her with a smirk. "You're reeking of nerves..." She couldn't help it. Her mother who knew about her and where she was, who never wanted to introduce herself to Pom, now wanted to meet.

Pom sighed nervously. "I know I just need to relax. I should go for a run or something? You think that would help?" She questioned nervously as her mate stared at her as if she was crazy. "Right. We don't have time for that. I just want her to like me."

Saying that earned a laugh from he mate. "Everyone likes you...Pomelia you're beautiful in and out." Now she was blushing again.

"I hope she thinks so."

War looked as if he was ready to say something and instead pressed his lips together tightly, with a smile.

————————————————————

Erica Grace was dressed like someone who meant business. She was in a pantsuit and her wavy brunette hair was pushed back into a ponytail. Her mate beside her was holding the hand of a young girl. She had long wavy dark hair and a pink dress covered in blueberries. Not to mention the Princess crown and pink boa around her shoulders.

Pomelia gripped Warren's hand tighter. She watched her mother's face brighten when they landed on Pomelia then halt and rake over Warren's frame. It was as if she was trying to count the hairs on his head she was inspecting him so thoroughly. Juan on the other hand wasn't looking at them, he was paying attention to the little girl whose hand he was holding.