•Thirty Three•

Tears come from the heart
And not from the brain.

Tears come from the heartAnd not from the brain

"I thought you were supposed to stop."

Trent glared at War as he smoked his third blunt. Weed filled the car and thanks to War was leaving the big truck as he kept his window down, trying to stay away from the calming drug.

"Who told you I was gonna stop smoking?"

War didn't have time to bicker with Trent who never made any sense. He just needed him to drive fucking faster and get to that dumb bar so he could get his letter for Pomelia.

Without much thought, War grabbed at the small addicting stick and tossed it out his window. "What the fuck man! What the actual fuck! I drive all the way to the fucking boondocks to get you and you throw away my fucking pot?!" Trent yelled as the car began to accelerate with Trent's rising anger.

"You said you wanted to better yourself," War shrugged ducking as Trent tried to punch him, swerving hard on the road. "And what about that priestess?"

He threw up his hands, making the car swerve again. "Booze and my fucking hair will be enough. It's not like a priestess will know what the fuck weed smells like."

That much was true. The woman who had protected Pomelia the day they met was protective and strong but it looked as if she was sheltered just like Pomelia, from the real word. Although sheltered it seemed as if the woman would be able to kick ass if need be. War would suggest Trent give up, but Trent and his idiotic decisions were of none of his concern as of now.

The silence stretched out awkwardly between the pair, War caught up in his horrid thoughts and Trent..being Trent. "So...what's your plan? Beg and plead on your knees?" Trent questioned as War bristled slightly at those words.

Of course he would. He would do all that and more for Pomelia. He had no other options. The only people he ever pleaded and begged with was his mother...and her mate. He wished and pleaded that they wouldn't beat him or harm him and in the end it was never enough. His tears, his promises to be good, his absolute silence around the house... They never listened to his begs, would Pomelia be any different? Before he was pleading for no physical harm and now he would be pleading for no emotional harm...to his heart.

"I guess."

Trent snorted. "Well good luck with that. Khan wants you back anyway, when you're done playing hero. He said you owe him." He was right. He did owe Khan, but he didn't even want to think of what the man wanted him to do. He couldn't worry about that now though.

"Do you know how to hot wire a car?" War questioned Trent as they made it closer and closer to the human club where everything went down. He would have to break into the car he was given, the damn agents stole his keys.

A laugh came from Trent. "Shit man, is the sky blue? Of course I know how to hotwire a car."

_______________________________________________________________________